[Resolved] GP not showing up under Appearance

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP not showing up under Appearance

Home Forums Support GP not showing up under Appearance

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya!

I love GP, the theme and the plugin. 🙂 I’m launching my third site, but this time, there’s a hitch with the installation: after a succesful install, GeneratePress does not appear in the “Appearance” tab and so, I can’t enable the addons.

GP is activated under Plugins. Latest WP, latest GP. Only Akismet installed and activated with GP.

– JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you 100% sure the GeneratePress theme is activated? That’s the part that adds the “GeneratePress” area under Appearance.

Jaakko Pöntinen

Um, no, I have not realized it works that way. I guess I’ve previously installed the pair theme-first. 😀

Dat be dat, you rock, Daddy T! All the best to your family!

– JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! You too 🙂

David

I’m having the same issue, I installed GP Premium as a plugin, it shows as activated, but doesn’t show in Appearances. Frustrating. Please help.

Another issue is regarding making a GP update – “There is a new version of GP Premium available. View version 1.3 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin. Enter valid license key for automatic updates.”

When I click on “Enter valid license key for automatic updates”, the page then reads “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

Q: How do I update automatically, when this happens?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Steven

Same problem as above. I followed instructions on https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/. GP Premium activated. Configure link leads to page that states: Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page. Message at top of plugins page states: GP Premium requires GeneratePress to be your active theme. Install now. Clicking on install now link takes you to GeneratePress website page: https://generatepress.com/install-generatepress/, which is the free version.

I have deactivated all other plugins, tried deleting and reinstalling GP and same result. Cannot get GP to show up in Appearance menu.

Steven

My workaround was to install the free GP as a theme. Then GeneratePress showed up in appearance. Then it allowed me to configure as GP Premium 1.6.2.

I don’t recall this from another site 6 weeks ago, but it seems to work now.

Solved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

GP theme needs to be installed and activated in order for the premium plugin to work.

This has always been the case 🙂

Glad you figured out!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.