[Support request] GP header and menu not coming back after deleting the Elementor header

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP header and menu not coming back after deleting the Elementor header

Home Forums Support GP header and menu not coming back after deleting the Elementor header

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Got it – are you ok, for me to make changes to the starter sub domain site for debugging?

Jasper

Yes thats fine!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you increase your PHP memory limit to at least 128meg?

Jasper

where can I change it?

Jasper

I added this to the wp-config.php file.

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘264M’);

Will this work?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, but you may want to check with your host to make sure they allow this allocation.

Jasper

just checked, that say 128 for normal hosting is oke. So I changed it to 128.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like the Header has reappeared (?)

Jasper

Not on my side?

On sven.coolpixel.nl the header is visible because I disabled the elementor footer.

But as you can see on starter.coolpixel.nl there is no header. Because the elementor footer is enabled here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

sorry my bad, i am still seeing the PHP limit as 40meg, can you check with your host that the allocation and the wp-config settings are correct?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I found this:
    https://github.com/pojome/elementor/issues/4252

Odd thing is i had added a elementor footer to a site and have not had this issue.
    I need to investigate more, if thats ok, can we keep access to the starter site?

In the meantime. You could add the Footer Template as a shortcode to an Element > Hook > Before Footer and disable the theme footer.

Jasper

Oke i will try the hook for now. Maybe it happend because of update? Ingaven another site where it works properly but i need to update the plug-in for Elementor. But i assume you have that testes with the latest versions.

Hopefully it can be fixed. I will trad the GitHub article better later.

Thanks for your efforts so far!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am running latest releases of all – that github issue is a few months old, and this is the first time a problem has arisen. We will have a play around with the starter sub domain if thats ok. But if you can check to make sure the PHP memory is increased, just in case that is related.

Jasper

Oke great, Thanks. You can play around with the starter one. Is there any way to check if the memory increase is working?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Elementor actually provides Site info, so go to Dashboard > Elementor > Site Info and it shows in the list

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.