[Support request] GP header and menu not coming back after deleting the Elementor header

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP header and menu not coming back after deleting the Elementor header

Home Forums Support GP header and menu not coming back after deleting the Elementor header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Jasper

Hi there,

I searched everywhere and all articles to find out why the Generatepress header just disappeared from my site.

I recently used the header function of Elementor, which disables the GP one automatically. But i want to go back to use the GP one because i find that one better.

I deleted the header from Elementor but now i don’t get the GP one back. I tried everything, looked at disabled, all fine. I really can’t find it anywhere.

Hope you can help me with this!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so you have deleted the Elementor header? As i can still see this on the site. Have you got any server / plugin caches being used? If so can you flush the cache.

Jasper

Sorry, i just put the header back to work on the site. I deleted it now so you can see it without the header.

I don’t have any caching plugin enabled. Just GP, Elementor and Elementor Pro.

I did empty the caching on the browser but that does not help.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just tested this and cant seem to replicate the issue.
    I have noticed that some of the GP Classes and Schema are missing from the Body of the markup. Also the GP #page container wrap is missing.

Are you using an Elementor Content Template as well?

Jasper

Im using the default template on all pages. I had first setup the menu with the GP page header addon to make things transparant, i thought maybe that was doing something, but its replaced with elements now and page header is gone from the list add-ons.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just so we can eliminate that as a possible issue, if you have activated Elements, go to Appearance > Elements and look for Legacy Page Headers, if it exists delete that and then make sure to empty the trash. Let me know.

Jasper

I have elements not enabled and when I enable it I don’t see the legacy page headers.

So that would not be the issue then I think.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, it is very odd the pages are missing a lot of the GP template structure. So something must be conflicting. Before we look into that can you try creating a new page in GP with any dummy comment, if the header is still missing can you link me to that page.

Jasper

I made a new page and did not enable the element or editor on this one.

https://sven.coolpixel.nl/test/

Still no header

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, we need to pin down the conflict. Can you disable Elementor and Elementor Pro and see if the header returns?

Jasper

Well, i found out something just now, I tried starten to replicate the current site to a new wordpress install from scratch and I just put the elementor footer on my site and suddenly the menu disappears. So I disabled it and the the menu is back again.

I just did the same with my old site and then it also appears.

So it seems when I use the footer of elementor I can’t use the menu and header of GP?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Ok – good you found the issue, but i haven’t experienced this problem, i just tried this with one of Elementors Footer templates on a standard GP build, and with a merged header and no problem.

Did you use the same Footer template on the clean install?

Jasper

No I made a new one,,, its really strange because I setup everything as new…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide us with access to either site? You can send the login details via Account Issues:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add the URL to this topic.

Jasper

Oke, I just sent all info.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.