[Support request] GP element not displaying correctly for a post

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP element not displaying correctly for a post

Home Forums Support GP element not displaying correctly for a post

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    William

Sure thing – just reset so should be good!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, I’m still not able to edit any of the files. Are you able to when logging in with those details?

William

Hi Tom,

I’ve just added all of the information again, reset permissions in Cloudways, and given the Cloudways login details too if you’re still having issues. I’ve not edited anything like this before but maybe WP File manager may help, not sure. I’ve given all the details in private possible though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very weird one. It seems like the block data parsing is failing, so the plugin isn’t able to build the necessary data in order to create the CSS.

Are any of your posts using the “Classic” block in the block editor? If so, does converting it to individual blocks fix the issue?

William

Hi Tom, apologies for the late reply. Yes, it seems removing the “Classic” block fixes the issue. The problem is though that the ‘Convert to blocks’ button to move the content inside the “Classic” block does not do anything when clicking on it. With the site having over 1,000 articles, it seems that is not timely feasible, neither is it to have to ‘Convert to blocks’ for every article.

What is the reason for this happening and what is the solution?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue comes from how the data is structured. The structure served by the Classic block breaks our ability to parse other blocks on the page. We’re looking into how to fix it, but no luck as of yet.

A plugin like this may be helpful, but still requires you to at least load the post and save it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/convert-to-blocks/

There’s a bulk converter, but it seems it’s been abandoned, unfortunately: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulk-block-converter/

I’ll keep this open so we can suggest a fix once we find one. For now, the only solution is to get those posts converted, unfortunately. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.