[Resolved] GP 3.0 IPad Sidebar Width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP 3.0 IPad Sidebar Width

Home Forums Support GP 3.0 IPad Sidebar Width

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    hari

PS: Tried the code above on the test side and it seems not to work properly. Please confirm that the CSS and PHP changes above are still valid with 1.3.04 as a quick fix

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Grr, can’t believe this slipped us by.

Can you try adding this CSS?:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
    	.sidebar,
    	.content-area {
    		float: none;
    		width: 100%;
    		left: 0;
    		right: 0;
    	}
    }
    hari

Tom,

I tried the CSS on the test installation with Plugin “Simple Custom CSS”.

Unfortunately no effect.

Please note, that there is an important change of the behaviour between 1.3.03 and 1.3.04

On IPAD:

In Landscape Mode the side columns are too wide in both Versions, as confirmed as bug by you.

But …

With 1.3.03 the Portrait Mode was OK, with the middle column first and all the other side columns below.

With 1.3.04 the Portrait Mode is in disorder too on an Ipad Air 1. On an Iphone everything Looks fine there.

The middle column, typically with the major Content, is SHIFTED TO THE RIGHT, means in disalignement compared to the Header. All the other columns are below as it should be, shifted to the left again.

I would like to mail a printscreen, but dont know how to do it on IPAD. But I guess if you have an Ipad somewhere, you can easily see it for yourself. I guess the bug is generell and not related to my specific installation. If you Need to take a look, look at the test Installation site, I mailed you the URL a few weeks ago.

Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you possibly re-email it to me? I receive hundreds of emails a week so it’s difficult to find old ones.

The only thing that changed in this update was the fix I provided in this thread – nothing else. Interested to see what’s going on.

hari

Have resend the Information. You´ve got mail!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Found it – looked at your CSS and you forgot the comma after .sidebar.

If you paste this code exactly into your custom CSS it should fix the shifted issue: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/gp-3-0-ipad-sidebar-width/page/3/#post-121219

You can also find the newest files here: https://wordpress.org/themes/download/generatepress.1.3.05.zip

WordPress.org has a review queue which sucks, but they’re getting rid of it soon so I’ll be able to push out instant updates (yay!).

hari

Yes you are right! Sorry, for some reason I do not understand, Cut&Paste did not work into the “Simple Custom CSS” form window, so I needed to retype and this is errorprone. Sorry for the confusion.

So the missalignment in Portrait Mode is gone.

What is still there, is the too large size of the side columns in landscape mode. Will this be fixed next Version?

Thanks, Hari

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely – in 1.3.05 I have it so the tablet sidebar width will match your regular sidebar width if you haven’t specified differently.

You can grab 1.3.05 here: https://wordpress.org/themes/download/generatepress.1.3.05.zip

hari

Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Sorry about the bug!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.