[Support request] GP 3.0.0 menu hook and icons in menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP 3.0.0 menu hook and icons in menu

Home Forums Support GP 3.0.0 menu hook and icons in menu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shaun

Hi
    I have updated a live (but unindexed) site to test GP 3.0.0 – please ignore the poor structure of the site, I am experimenting with things and writing content before making it indexable.

One thing I was keen to do was to put svg icons in my top nav menu.

After reading this from https://generatepress.com/generatepress-3-0-a-new-era/
    “Yes, a new hook! It doesn’t sound exciting, but we personally love this one. With it, we can hook non-menu item elements such as buttons, icons and whatever else your design requires into generate_menu_bar_items. Anything added there will automatically display in your navigation and mobile headers. Better still, GeneratePress will position and style them for you.” I thought I could do this with a hook. However, the generate_menu_bar_items is not showing up in my list of available hooks.

I’m not sure if it is just something I am doing wrong or something to do with updating GP so I thought I would ask for help.

It is not an urgent issue. I actually have eye surgery this afternoon so I will be offline for a few days. Feel free to have a look, details attached.
    generate_menu_bar_items

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I thought I could do this with a hook. However, the generate_menu_bar_items is not showing up in my list of available hooks.

It won’t appear if the site’s settings under Appearance > Customize > General > Structure is set to Floats.

To make use of generate_menu_bar_items, change floats to flexbox.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/qGuvz2gL

Upon applying, generate_menu_bar_items should be visible on the hook dropdown menu on elements.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.