[Support request] Getting these errors on Google Console

Home Forums Support [Support request] Getting these errors on Google Console

Home Forums Support Getting these errors on Google Console

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    victor

”Clickable elements too close together Content wider than screen. ” How can I fix this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i cannot see the issues on screen.
    What i can see is your site is making around 600 network requests – 90% of which are adverts.

When google performs the mobile friendly test it fixes its server resources to a reasonable number. If your site exceeds this allocation then it sometimes fails to load CSS and JS files needed for it to display correctly. And you get these ‘false’ errors.

So optimizing your site is the best fix. I would normally suggest these tips: here:https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

But with the amount of advert requests i am not sure if will be of much benefit.

victor

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Tried following the optimization guide yesterday and saw my images vanish from the site when I activated the Autoptize plugin.If they are false errors then I can ignore them

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can ignore them – but Google may down rank your site because of it. The best optimization methods is to reduce the number of request. So less posts per page, less posts listed in your sidebars and most significantly reduce the number of adverts as they are creating the greatest number of requests.

Put it this way – most of my sites make between 15 and 60 network requests. Yours is making 600 ….

victor

Hi David, reducing the number of requests means reducing the number of adverts on the site…right? How many articles do you recommend on the sidebar and per page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Generally i never have more then 10 posts listed per page, if the site needs improving i reduce to 6.
    Likewise with sidebar related posts that have thumbnails – never more then 4 as a general rule.

But the big issue is the adverts – each advert makes multiple requests …..

victor

Thank you, I will reduce the number of posts. But for adverts, it may be tricky because that’s where the revenue comes from. I only use Adsense by the way.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.