[Resolved] GeneratePress 2.3 alpha 1 – Combine CSS errors

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress 2.3 alpha 1 – Combine CSS errors

Home Forums Support GeneratePress 2.3 alpha 1 – Combine CSS errors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Enrico

I have tested GeneratePress 2.3 alpha 1 on a little site.

Apparently it work, but when I do an audit with google chrome developer tool I get this error:

Best Practices

Browser errors were logged to the console

Errors logged to the console indicate unresolved problems. They can come from network request failures and other browser concerns.

themes/generatepress/js/a11y.min.js?ver=2.3-alpha.1

Description:
    TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined at /wp-content/themes/generatepress/js/a11y.min.js?ver=2.3-alpha.1:1:1327 at /wp-content/themes/generatepress/js/a11y.min.js?ver=2.3-alpha.1:1:2108

Enrico

I was wrong the problem is not in Combine CSS, I removed combine CSS and the error is still there.
    So it is a general problem of GeneratePress 2.3 alpha 1

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing any error in the console. Can you try opening the site in an incognito browser and see if the errors are reported?

Enrico

Hi David,
    I have done it in incognito mode with Chrome 74.0.3729.169 ( 64 bits) and with Chrome Canary, same error.
    On other sites without the alpha 1 version I have not this problem.

I use Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.145

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not seeing the errors – are you able to connect to the site using a different network? In case your IP has cached the site

Enrico

Sorry, I don’t have a different network, but I have installed again the released version 2.2.2 and the error immediately disappeared.

Then I installed again the alpha-1 and the problem is back again under best practices.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like a bug – will take a look and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks! 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This should fix it: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/commit/329dddadbace98b65d351b7d47eee195c1bdc5d7

If you want to test it, you can replace your a11y.min.js file with the new one: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomusborne/generatepress/release/2.3/js/a11y.min.js

Let me know 🙂

Enrico

Hi Tom,
    I trust you 🙂 I will wait for the alfa.2.

Thanks a lot
    Enrico

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

alpha.2 is now available: https://generatepress.com/generatepress-2-3/

Thanks!

Enrico

Hi Tom,
    the problem is solved with alpha.2

I tested alpha.2 on a different site, you can go to the site from the blog link.

The site don’t use sections, and, doing an audit, I found a new error, again under Best practices.

Does not use passive listeners to improve scrolling performance:
    Consider marking your touch and wheel event listeners as passive to improve your page’s scroll performance. Learn more.

…js/a11y.min.js?ver=2.3-alpha.2
    …js/comment-reply.min.js?ver=5.2.1

————————————————-
    I tested also the new svg icon and the search svg is too little, it could be because I already use svg in my menus. But I don’t know how to set only the search svg size.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure if we’ll be able to set it to passive due to browser compatibility, but I’ll look into it.

As for the SVG, can I see the issue on your website maybe?

Enrico

OK, don’t worry.

I have made some test and I was wrong, the search SVG size is not set by my CSS for my SVG in the menu.
    In fact, the search SVG is not smaller, it is only thinner.

For me it is ok.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – thanks again for reporting the issue 🙂

Longinos

Hi Tom
    Passive event listeners are supported by a widely range of browser and Big G penalize sites that don´t use it. all most in pagespeed insigth.
    https://caniuse.com/#feat=passive-event-listener

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.