[Resolved] GenerateBlocks Full Width Container – Rankmath FAQ not added to the schema

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks Full Width Container – Rankmath FAQ not added to the schema

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks Full Width Container – Rankmath FAQ not added to the schema

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is something that needs to be addressed by Rank Math, unfortunately. GenerateBlocks itself isn’t doing anything special – it’s a dynamic block with inner blocks that should be accessible.

By the looks of that filter, it should work, but it’s difficult to know for sure without knowing how Rank Math is scanning the content.

Manuel

Thanks for your reply Tom!
    I was already in contact with rank math but unfortunately they say to contact you.
    I also think that the misbehavior is in the scanning of rank math, but maybe you have another idea how to solve the problem?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid I don’t have any knowledge of how their scanning works. If they think it’s an issue with GenerateBlocks, it would be helpful if they could contact us with more information on why they think that – I’d be happy to resolve it if it’s something on our end.

However, if it’s an issue with GenerateBlocks, it will likely become an issue with other block plugins as more dynamic blocks are released/used by their users, as GenerateBlocks is using 100% core WordPress functionality.

Thanks! Sorry I can’t be more helpful for the time being.

Manuel

No worries, Tom. Rank Math is going to take a look at my site now. I will get back to you when I have new information.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks!

Manuel

Hello,

it turned out that it was just an issue with the apostrophes in the code.
    Instead of ‘..’ it must of course be '..'.
    I.e. the following code is still working:

add_filter( 'rank_math/schema/nested_blocks', function( $nested ) {
    $nested[] = 'generateblocks/container';
    $nested[] = 'generateblocks/grid';
    return $nested;
    });

Do you think it makes sense that this becomes part of Generateblocks?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I try not to add compatibility code from other plugins in our plugins – it’s a good way to add unnecessary bloat over time.

As it’s their feature that’s being implemented, it would make sense for them to add it to their plugin if they want out-of-the-box compatibility with GenerateBlocks.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.