[Resolved] General Tab in Customize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] General Tab in Customize

Home Forums Support General Tab in Customize

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jatin

Hi Guys,

I have two questions on General Tab Settings:

1) What is the different between Float and Flexbox
    2) What are the best practices for General Tab. The configuration in screenshot https://imgur.com/ea3c6Nt is recommended ?
    Should i be using SVG icons / inline embedding etc.. Please advise.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. 3.0 introduces flex box as the themes Grid CSS. You can read more here on the improvements those changes bring:

https://generatepress.com/generatepress-3-0-a-new-era/

2. Also covered in the above. Choosing an External File for CSS print method can improve performance.

3. SVG – this replaces the Themes icons ( Hamburger, Search etc ) Icon Font. It probably won’t make any noticeable performance improvements but it does mean the site makes 2 less requests.

Jatin

Hi David,

2. Also covered in the above. Choosing an External File for CSS print method can improve performance.
    >> i have gone through the link and changed it to External CSS file. There is nothing much about this in the link, Can you please let me know which external file its now saved it and how it improves the performance.

I have changed it to External File and then it asked me to Regenerate CSS and then i click on that. Is it safe to do so and what happens when i clicked on Regenerate External CSS.

Below text i can see in the URL for External CSS but could not clear my doubts.
    If you’re a GP Premium 1.11 user then you have the option to keep it inline or write it to an external CSS file.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Writing the dynamic CSS to a file means it’s cached as a static file by the users browser. This means the CSS doesn’t have to regenerate itself on every page load.

You only need to manually regenerate the file if you notice issues – it should happen automatically when necessary.

Jatin

Do you advice to configure for external CSS?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, it’s not a bad idea. You can always do your own performance tests before and after.

Jatin

Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.