[Resolved] fatal error message in upgrading GP Premium plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] fatal error message in upgrading GP Premium plugin

Home Forums Support fatal error message in upgrading GP Premium plugin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cath

– updated -Hi, I was having trouble accessing the Text screen and also uploading media via that Text screen in WordPress (only Visual was clickable and not Text). On another site when I upgraded/updated Generate Press, that resolved. So I went to update GP Premium plugin on my main site and got a fatal error message. What did I do wrong? I’ve placed the message in the private information section.

Update: I went back and saw that I had GP Premium 1.4.3 and 1.12.2 but the former was activated. I deactivated and activated 1.12.2.

However, the same thing is still happening where I cannot access the Text screen. It just happened. I had not changed ONE thing. Not sure what the previous error was about either.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You should have only one GP Premium installed on your site.

The best thing to do is delete both of them and then install the fresh copy.

Let us know πŸ™‚

cath

Hi Tom,
    Thank you!

Okay, I did that and now there is just one version of GP.

Two things:

1) The original issue. It didn’t solve the error where I cannot access/click on the Text screen. I can only get to the Visual screen. As I mentioned, when I updated GP on another site, this resolved that issue there.

I’ve been searching around trying to see if other people have this issue but so far not too much, even in WordPress alone.

It’s hard to update blog without access to Text and I can’t add media from the Visual screen.

2) I’ve been using GP for awhile now through a few iterations – do I still need Generate Blog, Generate Colors, etc. in plugin area or does it now all go through Customize ? They are not active so I can’t remember how it’s changed over the years and whether I need that there.

Thank you.

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That sounds like there could be a javascript error – have you tried deactivating your other plugins to see if one of them is causing it?

You definitely don’t need Generate Blog/Colors if you’re using GP Premium πŸ™‚

cath

Hi Tom,

I have to say I cringe when I am told to deactivate other plugins. If nothing I did was different, why would a plugin just on its own all of a sudden cause a problem? And this did happen at my other site which has totally different plugins but also has GP. It feels like a WordPress situation if not a theme issue.

And when you do this, you have to do it one by one?

I just don’t see why this would happen ‘out of the blue.’ Whereas before I knew my GP was not up to date; I updated on the other site, and the problem was fixed.

Thanks, just trying to avoid stress. πŸ™‚

And thanks for info re: the other plugins from older GP.

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I understand – unfortunately it’s hard to debug without removing potential plugin conflicts.

You can try this first:

1. Go to the page where the issue happens.
    2. Right-click and select “Inspect”.
    3. In the “Console” tab, are there any red errors?

cath

Thank you, Tom. Thanks for this advice and suggestion..

There are a number of things that pop up which I put in the private information box below.

Thank you.

Cath

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like plugin publishpress is mentioned a few times in the error.

Can you try disabling that plugin to test first?

cath

Hi Leo,

Thanks so much for the suggestion and looking at this. I did disable that plugin but it didn’t change things. I then took the plunge and deleted a bunch of unused plugins and deactivated a bunch more and the problem now seems to be solved!

Thank you to you and Tom for walking me through it.

Appreciate the help.

Cath

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.