[Resolved] Errors on Catalyst Site Template Install

Home Forums Support Errors on Catalyst Site Template Install

• This topic has 23 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Stuart

I received the following errors when installing the Catalyst Site Template. Can you point in the right direction to resolve? thanks

Black Studio TinyMCE WidgetLightweight Grid Columns
    An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.

Menu IconsDownload failed. cURL error 28: connect() timed out!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just to confirm, did this happen during the “Import Content” step of the importer?

Let me know 🙂

Stuart

Hey Tom, yes it did. I also tried to simply add the plugins after and it said they could not be found. So i then went to wordpress.org and searched and looked for Lightweight Grid Columns and it said it had not been tested on the last 3 wp update versions. thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ll be updating Catalyst on Monday to coincide with our launch of GenerateBlocks, so Lightweight Grid Columns will no longer be necessary.

However, this error shouldn’t be happening in the first place.

Are you trying the import on a fresh WordPress install?

Stuart

yes it was on a fresh install

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I know that WordPress.org has had some downtime a handful of times in the last couple of weeks. I wonder if this happened during one of those downtimes. Are you able/needing to try the import again?

Stuart

ill remove and reinstall and see how it goes. But you mentioned updating Catalyst starting today. When will that be complete? thanks!

Stuart

Tom, I just removed the template and reinstalled and it worked normally. Thanks for getting back to me on this. But I’m still curious about the upgrade to this template so any info would be appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We pushed the release until tomorrow – sorry about that!

Stuart

I attempted to unistall the catalyst site template to see if the new release you mentioned coming out this week could be installed. It gave me a fatal error on the site

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What was the exact error?

I just finished re-uploading Catalyst which now uses GenerateBlocks, so if you import again you’ll get the new version.

Stuart

all it said was the below, but i’ll see about restoring from a backup and trying again:
    There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

Stuart

my hosting company deactivated the menu icons plugin and the error went away. I have now uninstalled Catalyst. So if i reimport ill get the newest version?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Stuart

thanks! does this import site template work in a multi-site env? so if I want to import 5 site templates from the library and their demo content into 5 sites in the multi-env will that work normally?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.