[Resolved] error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088

Home Forums Support [Resolved] error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088

Home Forums Support error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088

• This topic has 28 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sven

Hi Tom,

yesterday I updated my GP-theme as you published a new version. Since then I encounter an error on my front page (where I use sections):

“Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /homepages/sven-koeck.de/wp-includes/media.php on line 1088”

There appear 6 lines of identical content.

I deactivated all plugins and GP Premium and GP-add ons. My start page uses sections so I only activated GP Premium with add-ons (sections only) and tada: the error appears!

Could you please take a look at your theme files (especially media.php)? I appreciate your answer!

Best regards,
    Sven

http://www.sven-koeck.de

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

media.php is actually a WordPress file, and 1.3.23 has been out since December 21.

What version of GP Premium are you using?

Can you try #1 on this page to see if it’s another plugin causing the issue?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Sven

GP Premium 1.2.74

Sven

I have deactivated ALL plugins and only activated GP PREMIUM and SECTIONS –> error!

WP: 4.4.1

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try updating to the latest version of GP Premium (1.2.79)?

Sven

GP premium updated to 1.2.79 –> error persists

(please also notice my personal mail to you concerning activating email)

Sven

Hi Tom,

I installed Theme Twenty Sixteen and changed into live-preview. There were some error messages:

error messages at the start of live-preview

Perhaps they’re the problem and you can interpret an correct them?

Sven

Sven
    Sven

Solved it!!!

I’m using the Lighweight Grid Column plug-in. I had eight images with class-attributes ==> 8 error lines.

First I suspected the LGC-plug-in, but it were the class-attributes to the corresponding images… deleted one ==> 7 error lines.

Deleted all class-attributes… and the error is gone! 🙂

Do you have an explanation for that beahaviour? Or at least a suspicion?

Sven

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That is very strange – typically, HTML errors shouldn’t create PHP warnings/errors.

Either way, I’m glad it’s fixed now 🙂

Marco

For me this error is still present:

“Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty needle in /home/depende/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 1088”

If I return to this line in 1088 ($src_matched &&) in media.php from “false” to “true” the error error disappears…

// If the file name is part of thesrc`, we’ve confirmed a match.
    if ( ! $src_matched && true !== strpos( $image_src, $dirname . $image[‘file’] ) ) {
    $src_matched = true;
    }

Any suggestions?

Sven

Hi Marco,

on my blog page (as well as in the posts itselves) that error message appears above the featured image any time I use too small images…

I have set the basic width of any featured image in my posts to 1200×800, so the error appears after using images which are smaller. As soon as I use larger images, the error disappears!

Hope that can probably help you!?

Sven

Marco

Hi Marco,

on my blog page (as well as in the posts itselves) that error message appears above the featured image any time I use too small images…

I have set the basic width of any featured image in my posts to 1200×800, so the error appears after using images which are smaller. As soon as I use larger images, the error disappears!

Hope that can probably help you!?

Sven

Hi Sven, because on pages 4 and 5 of your site I see this error again?
    See: http://sven-koeck.de/blog/page/4

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It seems some others are having this issue as well: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/warning-strpos-empty-needle-above-images

I’m wondering if it’s a WordPress 4.4 issue? I haven’t experienced it yet on any of my sites. Maybe it’s server related?

Marco

I think so, it started with 4.4.1… any workaround for now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.