[Resolved] error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088

Home Forums Support [Resolved] error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088

Home Forums Support error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088

• This topic has 28 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not really sure.

Here’s some things to try:

1. If you’re using GP Premium, deactivate the Blog add-on – is the error still there?

2. If so, turn the Blog add-on back on and adjust the size of your images in “Customize > Blog > Post Images”.

3. If the error persists, try re-uploading the image.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Marco

None of the three solutions work on my blog … the only way for me is to change from “false” to “true” at line 1088 of file “media.php in /wp-includes/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What about if you deactivate GP Premium and switch to TwentySixteen theme, still there?

It’s a warning, so if you turn WP_DEBUG off it won’t show on your site: https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

I have a feeling it’s a WordPress bug as that topic I linked to has nothing to do with GP.

Larry

I had the same problem and also resorted to editing the media.php file

I was getting the error message on the page even with WP_DEBUG set to false

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Never did figure out what was causing this – I assume it’s a core WP bug, so changing the media.php file might be the best way until they end up fixing it (which should be very soon).

Alexander

I have the same Problem with 4.4.2, any News for a Fix?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It might be caused by the responsive images in WordPress 4.4.

Try disabling them: https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-responsive-images/

Alexander

A Plugin to fix a Bug? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sorry, but i want no additional Plugins in there…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use code as well, but it’s the exact same thing as using a plugin: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/211375/how-do-i-disable-responsive-images-in-wp-4-4

It seems to be a WordPress bug, but only for some server set ups.

Jessica

I am also getting this error in multiple locations:

Fall for Smiles – Downloads

It’s odd because it does not occur on the working site I used to initially set up GeneratePress:

Fall for Smiles – Downloads

Both of these reside on the same server and refer to the same media.php file.

Installing the plugin to disable responsive images did not help.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jessica.
    Ramesh Srinivasan

Adding this line at the end of wp-config.php hides the error from your web page.

@ini_set('display_errors','Off');
    (via WordPress forum)
    or

@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    (via WordPress Codex)

Hope that helps others who face this problem.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Ramesh Srinivasan. Reason: added "code" formatting
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the info! This will disable the notices/warnings.

Still an odd error though, hopefully it’s fixed in WP soon.

Ramesh Srinivasan

I notice the warning message in the server error log last month, but after changing the hosting service this week, the warning is now displayed in Web pages containing a featured image. May be a host-specific issue depending upon how PHP is configured. FWIW.

What’s troubling most is that the warning contains the full location (including the root folder path) to WP-Includes. The root path and FTP user name might be (or “is”) same in some hosts.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All PHP warnings/notices will show the path to the file with the issue, which is why it’s important to use quality themes/plugins and have public notices disabled.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.