[Resolved] Enlarging Logo on Content Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Enlarging Logo on Content Header

Home Forums Support Enlarging Logo on Content Header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Claudio Lessa

Hi! Instead of setting a title and a tagline on the GP-Premium’s Header Content, I’ve decided to go for an image I created in Photoshop with all the elements (name of the blog, picture, etc), uploading it as a Logo. However, I don’t seem to get it in the right size (I would like to have a little bit larger image. How do I enlarge the Logo, once it is uploaded? I tried enlarging it in Photoshop but it did not work.
    Thanks in advance for any help and congratulations on the “Freelancer” theme, as well as the add-on.
    Claudio Lessa
    http://www.claudiolessa.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this CSS a try:

.inside-header.grid-container {
          max-width: 100%;
    }
    Claudio Lessa

Hi there, Tom!
    Thanks a lot! It worked, although I have no clue about CSS etc. Reading your instructions, I decided to download Jetpack and was wondering how and where to insert those lines of code you passed on to me. After reading a lot of stuff and not finding an answer, I just tried the ultimate approach — just paste those lines on the Jetpack editor. It worked! Thank you!

One more thing: can I use the same system to establish an automated differentiation of color on the titles of my posts? The thing is, my blog is bi-lingual (English and BR-Portuguese) and so far, I have been using the <br> to change lines, the <i> and the </i> to italicize the English, and that’s it. But I would like to change the color of the English title. Could you help me with that, too? I’d really appreciate it! Thanks, once again!
    Claudio Lessa — in Brasilia, Brazil

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can find more info on adding CSS here: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/

As for your posts – do you put your English posts into a specific category maybe? Or tag them? We can identify all of the English posts using CSS if they all have something in common that the other posts don’t have.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Claudio Lessa

Tom,
    Thanks for the super-quick feedback! I really do appreciate that!
    Actually, my posts are not that much categorized or exclusively tagged. Each post gets some tags based on what I write, and that’s mostly about politics, economy, current affairs and any other stuff that has to do with the critical situation we’ve been experiencing in Brazil these days.
    On a post about Brazilian politics and corruption, for example, I would set tags like “Brazil”, “Corruption”, “Dilma Rousseff” (Brazil’s current president), “Lula da Silva” (Brazil’s former president), not much more than that.
    I always strive to post the commentary in Brazilian Portuguese and in English. The BR-Port title comes on top, the English title comes below. Commentary follows the same pattern. When I post a video-commentary, usually in BR-Port, I post under it an explanation in English of what has been said, also in italics.
    On my page, right now, there is a post that reflects what is about to come: I tell the visitors that the blog is being reconstructed — first in BR-Port, then in English, with the text following the same pattern.
    I just wanted some sort of a more automatic way of differentiating the two languages, besides the italicizing of the English text. Like, for example, all the BR-Port in black and the English in blue+italics. I think that would make it easier for the readers.
    Given the (appalling) current Brazilian situation, I’ve been getting readers from all over the world, so I thought I could make it easier for them to identify & differentiate the two languages. But, again, all the posts are supposed to contain both languages.
    Once again, thank you very, very much for your attention and interest in helping me. I am a complete moron when it comes to the internet’s intestines. BTW, that was your knowledge base that led me to Jetpack! πŸ™‚
    All the best,
    Claudio Lessa
    in Brasilia, Brazil

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case, you can wrap your English title in an HTML element like a <span>, and it give it a class.

In the “Text” tab, it would look like this:

<span class="english-title">My English title</span>

Then you can add CSS to style it:

.english-title {
          font-style: italic;
          color: blue;
    }
    Claudio Lessa

Tom,
    It worked perfectly for the title. Thank you very much! Please check it out the post titled “Scorched Earth Policy?” (BR-Port in Black, Eng in Blue)

I tried to replicate the commands for the text (the commentary itself), using the word “text” instead of “title” in the CSS lines and wrapping the commentary with the same as you showed above for the title (replacing “title”with “text”, so they could match). This, however, didn’t work. The commentary remained in black, not italicized (and, of course, showing the mistaken wrapping I tried).

Any suggestions?
    Thanks again very much!
    Claudio Lessa
    in Brasilia, Brazil

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you change it to “english-text”, then you need to add more CSS:

.english-text {
    font-style: italic;
    color: blue;
    }

Claudio Lessa

Tom,
    I’ve had tried exactly that before, mimicking your commands. I tried copying the lines and changing the word “title” to “text” and wrapping the text itself with the span class command as you did for the title, being careful to change the word “title” to “text”. It did not work. Anyway, I’ve found another way: the menu on top of the text box (in the dashboard) there is a bunch of options that can be cliked on and one of those took care of the issue. I chose blue and… alas! The text was blue!
    Thank you very much for all your help, attention and — above all — patience.
    All the best,
    Claudio Lessa
    in Brasilia, Brazil

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you found a solution πŸ™‚

Claudio Lessa

Hi there, Tom!

The site is looking good, but just out of curiosity I have one question to ask you.
    When I first set it up, I would look at the site on a computer (desktop or laptop), on an iPad, or on an iPhone and they all appeared the same way. One column (content only, no sidebars).
    Suddenly, I noticed that the iPad was showing two columns. I then went to the customization site and decided on a sidebar, content layout — meaning I would add a poll on the left and the content would go on the right. I also chose separate containers so the poll would not visually interfere with the content of the post right next to it.
    When I checked the computer and laptop, perfect. When I checked the iPad… three columns had now been formed (one with the poll plus the other two!)
    Did I inadvertently click on anything at the customization site or elsewhere to promote this change? By the way… I don’t think I will want to change it back, because I liked the way the iPad looks now. I just want to learn so I can do it or not do it the next time! πŸ™‚
    Cheers,
    Claudio Lessa
    in Brasilia, Brazil

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the site possibly? I can’t quite picture what’s going on πŸ™‚

Claudio Lessa

Of course! http://www.claudiolessa.com
    On my desktop and laptop Macs, it’s exactly as I set it up (one content column with one sidebar on the left for the DATA LESSA poll); on the iPad, there are three columns (two content and one sidebar on the extreme left).
    Thanks again,
    Claudio Lessa
    in Brasilia, Brazil

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Oh, you have Masonry enabled, which you don’t need if you’re going with the layout you have.

If you turn off Masonry, you should be good to go πŸ™‚

Claudio Lessa

Thanks, Tom! πŸ™‚
    Claudio Lessa
    in Brasilia, Brazil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.