[Resolved] EN/DE Site, Menu Current Background not showing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] EN/DE Site, Menu Current Background not showing

Home Forums Support EN/DE Site, Menu Current Background not showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Pfeifer

Yo, on the german page everything works well, but on the english site, for some reason, the background of menu items dont show as “current”/”active”?
    Is there some way i can fix it?

https://www.freakyness.de

Edit: Well I have set to hide the default language now. Now both languages URLs are prefixed by domain.tld/en/ or domain.tld/de/ – anyway, “Blog”never shows as active, current.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What language plugin are you using? Is the problem fixed if you disable it?

Uwe Pfeifer

im using Polylang. no, the problem still persists, but instead the menu items “About Me” etc. dont get a darker background, blog has active, dark background then.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Uwe Pfeifer

Yo, even when disabling ALL plugins except GP Premium, this still happens, with Blog working, the rest not.

Uwe Pfeifer

ok right now, with all the plugins enabled, only Blog doesnt work. Its the mainpage and i use “Custom Link” in the menu.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if you use the paged link? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#how-to add-pages-to-your-menu

Custom link shouldn’t be needed here.

Uwe Pfeifer

well I don’t know how to get a “home” blog page? theres “Startseite” in german starting page, but its teh same – a custom link to the home page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So are you wanting your home page to be the blog page?

What’s your setting in Dashboard > Settings > Reading?

Uwe Pfeifer

it’s set so the blog is the frontpage. but i need a link to go back to frontpage. and that’s the link “Blog” in the menu.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

While in the Menus area, look for the “Pages” module on the left.

Click “View All”, and you should see a “Home” value at the top of the list. WordPress creates that menu item if your front page is the blog, and should make it so the current-menu-item class exists on the front end.

Let me know 🙂

Uwe Pfeifer

well no that also doesnt work. the link created is called Startseite, but its an individual link. btw, also the other menu items on the english site are custom links and they work with darker background. so, yea removing “Startseite” again.

Uwe Pfeifer

so can anyone help me? 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry about that!

I’m assuming the issue is caused by the menu link looking for yoursite.com/, but the home page is actually yoursite.com/en.

This seems like something that should be addressed in the multi language plugin itself. Perhaps you need a different menu for each language so you can be more specific with the home link?

Uwe Pfeifer

but with the other links it works – other links i mean, other menu entries. they use en/de aswell, and it works?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.