[Resolved] elementor tips for 3.0? curl issues?

Home Forums Support elementor tips for 3.0? curl issues?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sparkle

today is the first time installing generatepress pro with elementor pro since their big 3.0 release. (i’m running elementor 3.0.4 which i think is most current).

after finding this article
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/guidelines-to-use-elementor-with-generatepress/page/2/#post-1444673

i disabled the styles and colors in elementor and iā€™m having no luck getting any custom styles from my child theme to be visible on my site. even body {color:red;} changes nothing.

maybe enough things have changed since the big elementor update? maybe you have additional tips for me? i don’t really want to use hello. it’s pretty simple css and i can’t understand why it’s not working. i’ve used exact bits from other generatepress child themes and nothing changes.

on the same site, i can’t seem to get the license key to save and get a curl error when i try. i found your support page about this and up’ed my php memory without improvement. i spent a long time on support with my host and they gave me some detail (included in the private info) and said it has to do with my license?

View post on imgur.com

sparkle

the host was able to resolve the css issue by clearing some header cache that i had no control over. the curl issue persists though. any thoughts?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you make sure to check all the possibilities here first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/curl-error-28-connection-timed-out/

Let me know šŸ™‚

sparkle

i mean, i spent hours on support yesterday asking the host to help, and they really tried, but said it’s a problem with your server (included in the private notes on the first message). the only thing that i hadn’t done was install query monitor. it’s installed now, but i don’t know how to use it to save the license.

also i’m still having issues with getting elementor to play nicely with generatepress. it’s really frustrating. i’ve disabled fonts and colors and still nothing works in the customizer when i try to adjust the font faces.

edited to add: yesterday i sent the host that curl troubleshooting link you sent. that’s what we spent hours doing.

sparkle

ok. i complained to the host and the font issue is again not a problem. sorry!! lol

i would love to figure out the license thing though.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try manually updating to the latest version first:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/#manually-updating

And test again?

Let me know šŸ™‚

sparkle

i actually installed everything yesterday. but i went and deleted both the plugin and theme. then i downloaded fresh versions from my account page here and uploaded them. when i try to authenticate the license, i still get the same curl error. here’s a screenshot where you can see my version numbers.

View post on imgur.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you get your host to run a traceroute and share the details here? Then if you can supply your server IP as well, I can take that information to our host to make sure nothing is blocked on our end.

sparkle

i’ve sent them that request and will put my ip in the private info box. thank you all!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! If you can bump this thread with the traceroute info when you get it I’ll take it all to our host to get it checked out šŸ™‚

sparkle

i’ve put the host reply in the private details. šŸ™‚ i’m not that great with a terminal…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The destination should be our URL: generatepress.com

I just had them check that IP and they confirmed that it’s not currently blocked on our server.

sparkle

see private info… šŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I talked to our hosting (Kinsta) and they said the block is coming from this IP: 142.250.57.91

However, it’s not blocked on our end. They said this:

You’re welcome! Okay, so I can’t find where you would even start to contact Google, but it seems like that IP was probably blacklisted in the past and then added to Google Cloud’s own firewall ban list. This is just conjecture based on some search results.

I didn’t find any results for people appealing to have an IP allowed through the firewall. It seems the best option would be for them to try from a different IP address or to have some alternate validation method that doesn’t go through Google.

There’s definitely a firewall layer in front of ours but I can’t find more info on it. I’m actually a bit annoyed at Google for that.

Perhaps this will give your hosting a hint?

sparkle

thank you. i’ve passed that along. seems like it’s quite a puzzle to them, so i’ll let you know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.