[Resolved] Elementor and Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Elementor and Generate Press

Home Forums Support Elementor and Generate Press

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

I have had Elementor Pro license for some time, and one of the reasons I selected GP was because of this compatibility. I have recently been reading the threads on Elementor, and I understand that the Elementor based themes have been temporarily removed. I also read on a thread that if you have the Beta version of GP you can use Elementor with it. I assume this is right, if not please correct me.

Where can view and download GP Elementor based themes or view the library with Elementor themes in it?

Thank you.

Ryan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I understand that the Elementor based themes have been temporarily removed. I also read on a thread that if you have the Beta version of GP you can use Elementor with it. I assume this is right, if not please correct me.

You are absolutely correct – you can access them right now if you use the GPP 1.12 release candidate:
    https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-12-0/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Ryan

Hi Leo, I already had the 3.0 Beta installed. So, I assume this is fine with Elementor. So, my question was where can I download GP Elementor themes? Can you share a link. I can’t see them on the main library. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this link shows you how to install GP Premium 1.12 – which has the Elementor Sites in Library:

https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-12-0/

Ryan

Thanks David. Out of interest, in your opinion, does adding a plugin like elementor pro add extra weight to a site? Whats your opinion on this? I have been using elementor for some time, and I have found that when I don’t use elementor and similar builders, the site feels lighter, and often there is a speed difference.

I have been able to improve the speed using products like wp rocket. However, on the whole, I find it requires more work when I have elementor installed – although elementor makes it super easy to add nice elements.

I am mentally debating if I should use an elementor based theme, and I am wondering if I will regret it later.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yes, Page Builders in general add a lot of extra code to your site.
    If you want to keep things lightweight we recommend GP + GenerateBlocks, of which there are at least 12 new sites designed by Mike Oliver in the Site Library.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.