[Support request] Does GeneratePress support theme.json?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Does GeneratePress support theme.json?

Home Forums Support Does GeneratePress support theme.json?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michel

Hi,
    I use a GeneratePress (3.1.2) child theme and I am very happy with it.
    I am trying to tweak some options in the editor (to “foolproof” the editor as much as possible), and I started using the theme.json file. I followed the Worpdress instructions, and it does the job (I can enable / disable / add / remove / configure features of the editor), but the editor layout itself looks broken (aligned left, aligned image blocks outside of the article contaner, etc.).
    Just adding a basic theme.json file, with no options in it breaks the layout.
    Am I doing something wrong, or is it a WordPress issue, or doesn’t GeneratePress support theme.json?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

probably worth reading this reply from Tom:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/wordpress-5-8-and-beyond/#post-1859519

Regarding the editor width issue that may be related to the layout setting in the theme.json.
    Info on that can be found here:

https://fullsiteediting.com/lessons/creating-theme-json/

Michel

Hi David,
    I had already read the mentionned articles, and I was not able to find a clear answer to my question there.
    As soon as I put a theme.json file in my child theme root directory, even with very few settings (or even without any setting), the editor layout breaks. The “layout” section of the theme.json file is not directly related to that issue (it just controls the size of two predefined block widths).
    The theme.json options are properly interpreted by wordpress, and change the editor’s behaviour as expected. The only problem is this broken layout.
    Just to try, I created a theme.json file in the root of the parent GeneratePress theme, and I noticed the exact same issue when editing.
    But then I also tried activating the twenty twenty-two theme, which uses the theme.json file and the same layout issue appears.
    So I guess this is actually a WordPress issue…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.