[Support request] Disable Admin Bar

Home Forums Support [Support request] Disable Admin Bar

Home Forums Support Disable Admin Bar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brennen

I am wondering if it is possible to disable the admin bar for specific pages of my choosing. I have tried to use CSS but it doesn’t seem to work right and everything I try in JS disables it all the time and not on specific pages.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

There are a few options in this post: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hide-admin-bar-for-all-users/

Give it a shot?

Brennen

Thanks for the suggestion but those are for removing it all the time, I am only trying to remove it from a couple of pages.I recently tried `if ( !is_page(‘Landing’) ) {
    add_filter(‘show_admin_bar’, ‘__return_false’);
    }` but it didn’t work and removed it all the time, any suggestions on editing this code to get it to target the pages?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Maybe this?:

add_action( 'wp', 'tu_remove_admin_bar' );
    function tu_remove_admin_bar() {
        if ( ! is_page( 'Landing' ) ) {
            add_filter( 'show_admin_bar', '__return_false' );
        }
    }
    Brennen

Just tried it and it still removed the admin bar on every page and not just the one page :(. Also when I disable it on mobile the menu gets pushed up and only half of it shows.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The ! in there makes it so it applies to every single page except for that one.

If you remove the !, it should only apply to the “Landing” page.

Brennen

unfortunately its now showing on every page including ‘Landing’ even after I removed the !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Grr, just made another adjustment, can you give it another shot?

Thanks!

Brennen

New code works great! Only problem is that on the other pages the admin bar shows up bank on mobile, but I have a feeling this is a setting in buddypress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea – I think I’ve seen that before. Might be worth checking with their support.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.