[Support request] Design question

Home Forums Support [Support request] Design question

Home Forums Support Design question

• This topic has 27 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Elvin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Rohan

Hello,

Can you please let me know if there is anyway to add next, previous articles or show 3 articles on the bottom of every article with pictures and links?

Also, how do we change the width on right so side bar is narrower and main page is wider?

Thanks
    Rohan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use a Block Element to design your own Post Navigation ( Next / Previous posts ):

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-post-navigation/

In Customizer > Layout > Sidebars you can adjust their % Width.

Rohan

Thanks.
    I tried In Customizer > Layout > Sidebars to adjust the % Width however it doesnt go as wide as I would like even with max 15% width.

bascially, if we can get somewhat like this forum’s width that would be great. It almost seems like our blog is contained and we may need full width and then shrink the width?

I thought it would be elements>layout but that didnt work. Any ideas?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Rohan,

Were you pertaining to this?
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uXgz5d

The max should be 50% while min is 15% unless there’s a custom CSS preventing it to go beyond max/min value OR if some of the sidebar’s content has a fix width that is wider than the 15% minimum.

If you can share the link to a sample page, we can check it out for you. 😀

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Rohan

Thanks Elvin.

Its currently 15% however I would like the content to be more wider so instead of showing only 15 words from left to right in the blog, I would like 20 -25 words in one line ( hope that makes sense ). I wont like the side bar to be pushed further towards right so the content section will expand more on left and right.

I have also send you link in the private msg

Rohan

correction: I would like the side bar to be pushed further towards the right so the content section will expand more on left and right.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide the front-end user and pw as well? The link’s front-end access seems locked. Thanks! 🙂

correction: I would like the side bar to be pushed further towards the right so the content section will expand more on left and right.

The content area should automatically expand when you shrink the sidebar as shown here – https://share.getcloudapp.com/geudvYg5

But if you want the total horizontal area to increase then you’ll have to go to Appearance > Customize > Layout > Container and set the Container Width to a wider value (default: 1200px) so there’s more room for right sidebar’s contents even when you set it to 15% width.

Note: If you have a layout element affecting the pages, you’ll have to set the container width on its Content tab. 🙂

A wise man once said:

Rohan

Great.. Appearance > Customize > Layout > Container worked.. it was 1000px, i changed it to 1600px.

Our home section seems to be white background… rest of the pages have a grey background.. how to I change the globally background to white?

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Our home section seems to be white background… rest of the pages have a grey background.. how to I change the globally background to white?

It depends on which is applying it.

But the global settings for turning the body tag’s background color to white is on Appearance > Customize > Colors. Look for the “Body” and set the Background color to white as shown here – https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQuzKvRw

A wise man once said:

Rohan

That worked, thanks 🙂

1) Is there a way to create a sticky sidebar natively in generate press without a plugin?

2) We would like one of the word/link on the header to have a rectangular line, is that possible?

3) Also, we have created a sticky header. However when we scroll down, the header moves from left to right. Is it possible to keep the header on the right side even when scrolling down?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

1) Is there a way to create a sticky sidebar natively in generate press without a plugin?

You can do it with custom CSS:

Try Ying’s CSS here – https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sticky-sidebar-10/#post-2040467

2) We would like one of the word/link on the header to have a rectangular line, is that possible?

Can you point us to the specific header element you want this applied on? will the rectangular line be some sort of a border or an underline bar?

3) Also, we have created a sticky header. However when we scroll down, the header moves from left to right. Is it possible to keep the header on the right side even when scrolling down?

I’ll have to see and inspect it to be sure what modifications can be done.

Can you provide us access to view the site? Thanks.

A wise man once said:

Rohan

I applied the code in the additonal css section but it didnt work.

I just provided you the link and login details of the website. wanted to highlight the newsletter link on the header

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I applied the code in the additonal css section but it didnt work.

I’ve checked the site and the CSS seems to have been placed inside an @media rule for mobile.

You should place it outside of this @media rule so it works on desktop. 😀

As for the menu moving to the left, try adding this CSS:

nav#sticky-navigation div#primary-menu {
        margin-left: auto;
    }

A wise man once said:

Rohan

Thanks.. those codes worked 🙂

With the header on right, can I move it a little towards the middle as it’s too far on right.. is there a code I can add?

Also, once we update theme will these css code will remain as it is as I am not using child theme?

Rohan

actually… dont worry about it for now.. only if you have the code handy otherwise dont worry “With the header on right, can I move it a little towards the middle as it’s too far on right.. is there a code I can add?”

Also, can you please suggest how we can have a rectangle box line to highlight a header link? for this page newsletter link.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.