[Resolved] Default setting – padding

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Default setting – padding

Home Forums Support Default setting – padding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Howard

Hi Tom
    Was adjusting header height and sidebar with padding. Got the logo to left ( good on desktop.. a bit close on mobile..? ( see mobile look)
    The padding adjusts with numerical numbers up, down. Is there a specific way or number( I remember 40.. ) to start again and re customize? Also how to get menu button to show mobile (on right or left side of navigation) instead of center… can “menu” name be eliminated and just have tab?
    Howard

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can reset your spacing settings in “Appearance > GeneratePress” – however it will reset all of your spacing settings. 40 is the default.

For the mobile menu, try using the mobile header: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/

You can remove the “Menu” text in “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation”.

Howard

This is a good start- will get back to you
    Thanks
    Howsrd👌

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Howard

Hi Tom:
    Interesting development. Activate mobile header…enabled it…enabled sticky …the menu indeed moves down nicely however: I can not open the menu on mobile device on any page with mobile header n sticky header enabled.. I then deactivated mobile header and the menu opens on iphone. I then deactivated both and the menu opens on phone.
    (Still not sure how to move menu to right)
    Howard

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So using the mobile header causes the the menu to not work?

That’s strange. Can you activate it so we can see?

Howard

It is activated now… under header setting and sticky navigation settings as it fades on desktop which is working…..
    Howsrd
    Ps also noticed do not always get live preview working as I customize???

Howard

PS It appears when putting in the url you do not see the header logo when enabling mobile menu , besides the menu not opening

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you didn’t upload a mobile header logo?

It’s not working as there is a console error.

Can you try #1 here? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Howard

Can it be same logo as for desktop?
    Will try debug

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It definitely can be. It’s best if the logo is somewhat square, or at least viewable when it’s small. An icon is usually best.

Howard

Wondering theoretically … after previously adjusting regular logo on desktop with padding it is a very good size cosmetally as to height and width. It also appears nice on mobile (when mobile logo is disabled)
    I’f i reduce size ( it is rectangular wording) should it appear ok on mobile or must I just adjust gradually as to its look and see effect? Also: never got answer on mobile header adjustment to put menu icon on RIGHT SIde or left side?

Howard

PS..I would assume that merging mobile header into navigation might need reduction? ( I have not read instructions to do this yet,and not sure how complex it might be?? Would I still be using GP mobile menu option for above procedure?
    Howard

Howard

As above: ( below is example of navigation and logo merge( desktop and Mobile) why not use for both? )

http://truthfeednews.com/breaking-judge-dismisses-guilty-verdict-forced-to-accept-sheriff-joes-pardon/

https://townhall.com

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure I understand? Your logo on that site is definitely too wide for use in a mobile header – you want something more square.

Enabling the mobile header will make it so the mobile button will appear to the right of the logo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.