[Support request] Customizing what icons are included in the GP "Load only Essential Icons Option"

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customizing what icons are included in the GP "Load only Essential Icons Option"

Home Forums Support Customizing what icons are included in the GP "Load only Essential Icons Option"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Max

Tom

I use only 6 or seven Font Awesome icons in my site.

Unfortunately they are different from the ones you included in your “load only essential icons” option in the GP cutomizer.

Any way to hand pick what icons are loaded as essential?

Is this a good idea for a future function for GP?

Kind Regards

Max

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Max,

It’s not possible currently. It is something I’d like to look into as a plugin.

For now, you would need to build a custom font using a tool like IcoMoon.

Max

Tom

I think you misread my question, or I phrased it poorly.

I am only using a handful of the Font Awesome icons on my site.

But they are not he same ones that load if I select the load only essential icons option in the GP customizer.

Is it possible to select what Font Awesome icons load as essential.

Kind Regards

Max

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Max,

No, it’s not possible. You would need to create your own font file using IcoMoon. Font Icons are just a font, so you can create them like a regular font and include them on your site using @font-face.

Max

When you first introduced the essential icons only option in an update my social icons fell over. I only have five Twitter, Facebook, Google, Pintrest and Reddit.

Which of those is not included in your stable of essential icons?

Reddit??

Kind Regards

Max

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

None of those are included in the essential icons font that comes with GP. You can see the included icons here: https://generatepress.com/generatepress-2-1/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.