Customizer not loading

Home Forums Support Customizer not loading

Home Forums Support Customizer not loading

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    I’ve recently migrated my site over from a staging site but now the Customizer won’t load unless I deactivate GP Premium. Can you think of any reason why that would happen?
    Thanks in advance.

Sven

Hi Tom,
    I suppose, your problem correlates with mine…
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/error-after-update-to-1-3-23-strpos-empty-needle-in-media-php-on-line-1088/
    because there is some issue with the customizer, too. Could you please have a look and confirm/decline, so we do not produce double work load for (GP-) Tom!?
    Deactivating the premium plug-in: and the error is gone! But I need the Premium add-on!!!
    Hope, (GP-) Tom can help us both!
    Regards, Sven

Tom

Hi Sven,
    Hmm yes that definitely sounds like it could be part of the same problem. I’ve deactivated Sections as I don’t use them and am still encountering the problem though.

Sven

Hi Tom,

please have a look at my support post: error after update to 1.3.23: strpos(): empty needle in /media.php on line 1088/

I have just solved my problem, perhaps that’s a solution for you, too!?

Best regards, Sven

Tom

Thanks Sven – upon further digging I realised this seems to be a problem with wpDiscuz, so I’ve disabled it for now. Thanks for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Customizer is fully javascript, so when it won’t load, it typically means there’s a javascript error somewhere.

wpDiscuz is well reviewed, so that’s very weird. If you switch to a core theme (Twenty Sixteen) and only have wpDiscuz activated, does the issue persist?

Tom

Hi Tom,
    No – if I switch to 2016 with just wpDiscuz and GP premium activated it loads as normal.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – I’ll take a look today 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So I activated the plugin and tried to load the Customizer.

I received this error from inside one of wpDiscuz’s files:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'trim' of undefined

I then activated TwentySixteen and it worked.

Then I re-activated GeneratePress and the Customizer is working.

Very strange, but I do believe it’s something in the plugin.

Can you try re-activated GP and seeing if the Customizer loads after having TwentySixteen activated?

Jay

Hi Tom,

I’m having a similar issue when trying to activate GP premium on another site. Not sure what’s causing the conflict. The customiser is working fine with the current child theme but not with GP or even Twenty Fifteen.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s not working with Twenty Fifteen, it’s likely a javascript error in one of your plugins.

Have you tried deactivating your plugins one by one to test?

Jay

Yes, I did, and still no luck I’m afraid.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So the Customizer isn’t loading with no plugins activated, using Twenty Fifteen?

Jay

I essentially deactivated individual plugins 1 by 1 but was unable to establish if/what plugin (if any) is preventing the customizer from loading. It’s only loading with the child theme that was originally used for the site. Both GP and Twenty Fifteens customizer’s are inaccessible. Sometimes I get a 500 error message.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What’s your error_log file say? It will tell you the specific error causing the 500.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.