[Resolved] Customization Options Gone Across Multiple Sites … GP 3.0.4, GP Premium 2.0.3

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customization Options Gone Across Multiple Sites … GP 3.0.4, GP Premium 2.0.3

Home Forums Support Customization Options Gone Across Multiple Sites … GP 3.0.4, GP Premium 2.0.3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

As in the title, all GP and GP Premium customization options are gone except for Widgets. Elements and Generate Blocks still working, but Customizer is non-existent across multiple sites.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Patrick

I tried that … even with all plugins deactivated except for GP Premium, caches cleared, still no customization options across multiple sites.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That sounds strange – haven’t had any other reports on this so it’s likely something specific to your install.

Any custom functions or child theme?

Does the customizer work normally in a Twenty series WP theme?

Patrick

No custom functions, just switched on site to Twenty-One … same issue. Only Widgets option. Also tried to access customizer through Appearance/GeneratePress panel and same thing.

Also just checked it on a site that is just aging and hasn’t been updated in a while … same thing.

Patrick

Hold on! Customizer works in Chrome, not in Safari. Trying a different machine to see if it is localized or Safari-wide …

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm if it happens using Twenty series theme as well then it’s likely a WordPress issue.

Maybe the files are corrupted somehow?

You can try re-installing WordPress or restore a working backup?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hold on! Customizer works in Chrome, not in Safari. Trying a different machine to see if it is localized or Safari-wide …

Ahh maybe a browser extension conflict then.

Patrick

Tried on different Macs and an iPad … Customizer not showing up in any of the Safaris, but works fine in all Chromes.

Patrick

I am using no browser extensions …

Patrick

Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.6.1.1)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if you use private mode in Safari?

Unfortuantely I’m running out of ideas here.

You could check with WP’s support team to see if they’ve heard any similar reports.

Patrick

Lol … yeah, I don’t have the time to go through WP support. Your theme is currently not compatible with the most recent versions of Safari on 3 different Macs, an iPad, and an iPhone. I am sure it will be something you will want to look into and I’ll monitor the support forum for when others start submitting bug reports as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

GP 3.0.4 and GPP 2.0.3 are the latest stable versions that have been released for a long time with no reports on this.

I just tested on a MAC using Safari and didn’t encounter any issues.

Since the issue exists in a Twenty series WP theme, I’d say it’s safe to assume that it’s not a theme issue.

I’d assume this isn’t always an issue for you? Have you tried re-installing WP or restoring a working backup?

You can always check with your hosting support to see if they can help to identify the issue.

Patrick

Rolled site back one week … still no Customizer in Safari across multiple machines.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.