[Resolved] customer review not showing on product page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] customer review not showing on product page

Home Forums Support customer review not showing on product page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Wendy

Hello I wanted to show the Customer Reviews gathered by the CR plugin against individual products.

It seems that GP lacks the ability to show the tick box. (It shows with Woo’s Shopfront, also with Genesis+Magazine theme, I tested)

https://help.cusrev.com/a/solutions/articles/43000033867

https://help.cusrev.com/support/solutions/articles/43000611175-troubleshooting-plugins-and-themes

thankyou, Wendy

Wendy

I have managed to insert them into the Footer widget somehow. Not sure if that helps?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Wendy,

Can you go to Appearance > GeneratePress and activate the Woocommerce premium module?

Then activateDisplay product taboption at Customize > Layout > WooCommerce.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#single-product

Let me know if it works πŸ™‚

Wendy

Hello Ying

I managed the first part (Appearance > GeneratePress and activate the Woocommerce premium module?)

How and where do I do the activating?

Thank you so much

Wendy

PS I have not created a child theme… not sure if this could be the reason?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Most of GP users do NOT use a child theme, if you are not going to modify the functions a lot, there’s no need to create a child theme.

I just checked your product editor, the enable reviewsoption is missing, not sure the cause. Can you try disable all plugins except Woocommerce and GeneratePress Premium to test?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/b7mvuJK8

Wendy

Hi Ying, I already went through the whole disabling all the plugins with the Customer Reviews support desk earlier today. I admit I was using the free GP though.

It turned out that the tick box was there for other themes such as ‘ Woo’s Shopfront’ and it was also there for Genesis with their Magazine theme. But not on the Generate Press theme. Unless this is something only available with the premium I am nervous to redo it as it crashed my whole website.
    πŸ™

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

That option should’ve been there even the GeneratePress Premium plugin is deactivated, in another word it’s there by default with GP free theme.

Is it possible for you to create a staging site so we can do more testing without crashing your live site?

Wendy

Hello Ying

I’m so sorry I have never done a staging site before.

Um, I applied the GP theme with the Soap store. Is there a way to ‘undo’ that as it has already messed up my home page/shop etc?

I’ve made a real mess here, soooo sorry…

Wendy

Hello Ying

I’m so sorry I have never done a staging site before. How would I go about doing that?
    Also I have changed the soap photos on the home page to flowers etc but they don’t appear on the live site?

And thank you for being so patient πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like your on Site Ground. They provide a one click staging option in there control panel… but you may just want to ask there support to set it up or walk you through it.

Wendy

Hi David, sadly they don’t offer that on the basic plan anymore…
    I did however install Local on my PC… so if I knew how to move a copy of my site I guess we could do it there?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh I didn’t realise they had removed that feature on those plans πŸ™

Hmmm… its odd as GP doesn’t interfere with the editor – unless that plugin is specifically looking for ‘something’ in the templates or themes code to determine whether it should display that field or not, there is no logical reason for it not to display.

Lets see if we can debug on your live site – without causing any disruption.

Could you install the Query Monitor plugin on your site:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/

I can then take a look to see what the CR plugin is doing … might give us some pointers.

Wendy

Query monitor is installed. Thank you πŸ™‚

Wendy

An update!

Ying I have deactivated and reactivated all the plugins (other than Woocommerce GP. )
    The tick box to allow rating are still not showing up under Product data/advanced.

Because there is a Block for reviews, I’m thinking to create a workaround where I put some reviews on a page with images of the products. And that way we can put this issue onto Hold for a while? Would that be OK?

So I’m kind of thinking to leave this issue along for a while and iron out other smaller items. Is it possible to park this for now and re-open at another time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘customer review not showing on product page’ is closed to new replies.