[Support request] Css to big

Home Forums Support [Support request] Css to big

Home Forums Support Css to big

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello Ahrefs says the css is to big, ive done everthing i can, and checked everything 100 times, but still getting the massage css is to big, how can i fix that? please help Thanks gr Mike

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can use caching and optimization plugins such as W3 Total cache or Autoptimize to minify your CSS.

Minification is actually recommended by Ahref’s documentation here:
    https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/2760432-css-file-size-too-large

Mike

I already use autoptimize, still problem is there

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

your cache plugin is combining all stylesheets into 1 file – which is over 75kb in size. Disable any combine/aggregate CSS file options. Your server is running HTTP2 so it can handle many concurrent file requests, so lots of small files is better than one huge file.

Mike

Hi David, i see css option then css combine, so disable that one? is that the one? Thanks mate

Mike

I think ive done it, hope so

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yep – you now have 4 x Minified CSS files, however two of them are over 30kb…. not sure if the site just has some really large CSS files or their still being combined. If you can disable autoptimize/wp fastest cache entirely i can take a look to see what the CSS files its requesting.

Mike

Yes it worked thanks David

Mike

O did not see your last message, oke i turn it off

Mike

there are off now

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok uncached the site is loading 11 CSS files, the largest is 20kb from the EditorPlus Plugin, the next is 17kb from the business review rating plugin. So something is till combining them…. but if the AHrefs test past with that last setup then i would probably leave it at that.

Mike

Oke i leave it like this for now, thanks david for your support perfect

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Yvette

Hi GP,
    I just received a site Audit from Ahrefs on my webpage: https://www.laaneoversikten.no/. The site audit says my CSS file is too big. According to Ahrefs it is the Autoptimize files that are the problem.

I am using Autoptimize filled in with the criteria from https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

Do I understand it correctly from the comments above that I should check off the following under CSS Options:
    – Aggregate CSS-files? (Aggregate all linked CSS-files? If this option is off, the individual CSS-files will remain in place but will be minified)
    – Also aggregate inline CSS? (Check this option for Autoptimize to also aggregate CSS in the HTML)

Thanks/YB

Mike

Yes Yvette, it worked for my.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.