[Support request] Convert to regular block doesnt work in wp 5.6 or generateblocks

Home Forums Support [Support request] Convert to regular block doesnt work in wp 5.6 or generateblocks

Home Forums Support Convert to regular block doesnt work in wp 5.6 or generateblocks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Marcus Lindblad

Hi! I updated to wordpress 5.6 yesterday.

Just now published a new article and added a reusable block that I add to a lot of pages but have to convert to regular block to adjust it to the actual page.

Now when I click “convert to regular block” nothing happens.
    It’s just stuck.

Here’s a gif https://gyazo.com/f58b877860e76feaccb97c9150ccc2e6

I’m currently on: GB 1.2.0
    GP 3.0.2
    GP Premium 1.12.2

Can you help me troubleshoot this to find a solution?

I solved it by editing the reusable block, but not saving the reusable block, then copying the whole block and pasting it normally. That turned it into a regular block.

Thanks for your amazing work guys!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to here you found a solution. We’ll take a look to see if we can replicate and see if its worth raising an issue on the Gutenberg github.

HD

I’m having the exact same problem even after clearing all cache; using Workpress 5.6 and Generateblocks 1.2.0. I have attached the error logged inside console As soon as I press “Convert to regular blocks” nothing happens.

It would be excellent if someone can help me as the solution provided above didn’t work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does this happening only with GenerateBlocks, or can you replicate with core blocks as well?

Juan Pablo

Hello, we are having the same issue: since we updated to WordPress 5.6 the reusable blocks can’t be converted to regular blocks.

Also, other blocks seem to be “frozen”, displaying a spinning wheel but never loading.

We used the “Health Check & Troubleshooting” plugin, and then started to activate plugins one by one. We noticed that whenever the GenerateBlocks plugin is active the reusable blocks can’t be converted to regular blocks.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your help.

HD

I tried adding 2 new elements, one core table element and a generateblock grid element to a reusable block. I then was able to successfully convert that reusable block back to regular blocks.
    However, it is only the reusable blocks that were made prior to the update (maybe WordPress or generateblocks, I can’t confirm) that aren’t able to convert back to regular blocks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I just tested creating a Core Block and a GB Block, saved them as Reusables.
    Adding them to some pages. Then Updated to 5.6. And both the re-usables were able to convert.

do you have any other Block plugins installed ? Particulary the Gutenberg plugin ?

Juan Pablo

Hello David good morning! In my case I don’t have the Gutenberg plugin.

I have other plugins installed but during troubleshooting the only plugin that made the difference was the Generate Blocks plugin: when the plugin is on, the reusable blocks can’t be converted to regular blocks; when the plugin is off, the reusable blocks work as expected. I tested this with the GeneratePress theme and with the Twenty Twenty theme.

I have to present to a client today so any help will be much appreciated : )

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you able to provide us with temporary access to site with a link to a test page so we can see the issue?

If so – start a new Topic and you will be able to provide that info in the Private Information box provided.

Juan Pablo

Hello David, I will start a separate topic and provide admin credentials.

Kind regards

HD

Hello David, I’ll start a new thread giving you my credentials as well for you to investigate further.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi all,

Thank you for starting your separate topics.

Check our answer here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/cannot-convert-reusable-blocks-to-regular-blocks/#post-1580900

It includes Marcus’ workaround and a short explanation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.