[Support request] Cannot convert reusable blocks to regular blocks

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cannot convert reusable blocks to regular blocks

Home Forums Support Cannot convert reusable blocks to regular blocks

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Ying.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HD

Hello, this is in reference to this post. As requested, I’m providing you credentials to my website for you to investigate further. thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

As for the moment, there’s no direct fix for reusable blocks with GenerateBlocks created prior to GB version 1.2.

But here’s a known workaround:

Try adding in a reusable block.

After adding it in, try editing it and save it without changing anything.

After saving, try converting the reusable block. It should work.

What we’re basically doing here is, we’re “converting” the reusable block containing GB blocks with version 1.1 into a reusable block with GB 1.2 by editing it and re-saving it.

Note: This issue only occurs when you’re trying to convert reusable blocks with GB blocks from older versions. This doesn’t happen when you create one and convert it on the current version. 😀

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

HD

Thank you for finding a workaround!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you for finding a workaround!

No problem. Glad to be of any help.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Yolanda

Hi everyone, it’s been more than half a year now and I am wondering if there is a good solution for this issue? The procedure is editing-saving is something I keep forgetting. I just want to see the option ‘Convert…’ without doing any work arounds.
    Anyone who can help out?

Bye the way, the option mentioned is not working for me….

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WP has made some considerable changes to the reusable blocks over the last few updates. See this topic where i show how the latest version of them behave:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/reusable-blocks-broken-editing-block-in-post-also-edits-original-template/#post-1713288

Yolanda

Thanks for the video!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Carrie

Hi David,

Even if I select the reusable block wrapper, convert to regular block, I still have to unclick the Reusable Block when I hit publish, even if in my navigator I no longer have any reusable blocks (because all have been converted to regular blocks). This means every time I make a tiny update, I have to unclick 12 reusable blocks in the publish checker. Is this how it should be?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Carrie,

Reusable block is a WP core feature, GP doesn’t have control on how it behaves.

And it changes all the time, I’m not sure how it works currently.

Here’s the documentation of Reusable block:
    https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/blocks/reusable-block/

If you have questions regarding the reusable block, it’s better to reach out to WP:
    https://wordpress.com/support/contact/

Thanks for your understanding!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.