[Resolved] Content missing in sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content missing in sections

Home Forums Support Content missing in sections

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Lee

Hi, we’re having an issue with one of our sites where when we login and go to edit something, none of the content is displaying for any pages or sections.

We’ve done all updates and also tried turning sections off but that just displays an empty content box as well.

Any ideas what this could be?

Les Black

I am having the same issue. Content in sections throughout one of my websites is blank. Other sites work fine. I have tried editing in both Chrome and Firefox on two different Macs. No luck. I have tried updating and deactivating all the usual suspects in plugins, including any running only on this site, without success. Any further suggestions?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Les,

can you try clearing any server and plugin caches.

Les Black

Thank you for your reply, David. The caching plugins on my site have been deactivated for a while. I made a minor change in a customizer setting and published it, which I understand clears GP’s CSS cache. I have repeatedly cleared my browser cache. Anything I missed?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does your host server have any caches enabled?

Les Black

Thank you, David. I ftp’ed into the server and deleted the files in the cache, all old. This did not make a difference.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its odd, there were a couple of cases of this reported in the last month, one of them took a while to clear for no explainable reason, here is the topic on that one. The user could see the content on Firefox but not on Chrome.

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sections-are-blank/page/2/#post-580145

Les Black

Thank you for trying, David. I will see if the issue clears up overnight and post again tomorrow. Right now, three browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) display no content (just settings) in sections on one particular website. Because I get paid to keep this site current, I am concerned. Please let me know if you have further thoughts.

PS- I wonder how Lee, who started this thread, is doing.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Keep us posted, to the best of my knowledge that post was the last case to be cleared up. I managed to replicate it on one old test site and it cleared the follow day, the only thing i did (indirectly) was a restart of my mac (due to overdue updates).

Rachel

Hello guys, just wanted to say that I also have this problem. I went and updated some plug-ins and then bam, nothing. It’s the whole area that’s gone! Very scary.

Screenshot here:
    http://paperflowercrafts.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/no-section.png

My knowledge is quite basic, so I don’t really follow all the web vocab like above.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Rachel, the issue came around with the WP 4.9.6 update. It is related to Browser Caching. If you can try clearing any cache plugins, server caches and the browser caches to see if the problem clears. Don’t be alarmed though the content will still be there.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

More than anything, this should just be a browser caching issue. WP 4.9.6 updated TinyMCE, which caused this issue with cached scripts.

You can test by using Incognito mode in your browser.

Rachel

Hi David, hi Tom! Thanks for your responses. I tried deleting the browser cache, at least all that I thought was relevant, but no good. Still nothing.
    I don’t know how to delete plug-in cache or server cache. Google didn’t help a whole lot. Is server cache Static Cache? Absolutely no idea on any of this. SUPER NOOB.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send us temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact

I’ll take a look 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Lee – can you try setting your URLs to use https:// in “Settings > General”? I think your issue is coming from a mixed content issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.