[Support request] Changing individual blog posts featured image size

Home Forums Support [Support request] Changing individual blog posts featured image size

Home Forums Support Changing individual blog posts featured image size

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sarah

Hello,

I am transferring my blog host from wordpress.com to site ground. My site with them is not up yet. They transferred over all of my previous posts from wordpress.com.

I am trying to change the size of my featured images for the individual post pages. The size setting isn’t working so I tried hiding the featured image and the picture did not go away.

Would the featured image turn into something else during the transfer so it wouldn’t be considered the featured image in GP?

And how would I figure that out and fix it?

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

There are actually no single posts featured image resizing in the GPP 1.4.3.

The setting you are looking at is for the main blog page.

This option will be available for GPP 1.5 though which should be released really soon.
    The beta version has been out for awhile now and it’s stable if you want to try it out:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/gp-premium-1-5/

Let me know 🙂

sarah

Thank you. I updated to 1.5 and I see the option to change the size. I have been changing the size but it is not affecting my pictures. I clicked on hide featured images and it did not hide any of the pictures.

I am wondering if the pictures that were transferred in are not showing up as featured pictures?

Thanks for your help

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to one of the posts with a featured image that won’t resize?

sarah

I can try. It is not live yet so I don’t know if you will be able to access it without my password. This is one of the only things left to get worked out before going live so if there is a way to get you to see it I would be glad to.
    http://109.199.127.234/~graceund/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2F~graceund%2Fwp-admin%2Fplugins.php&changeset_uuid=bf27e80d-5834-44ec-a33c-d3ed73d75e3e#

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I won’t be able to access that URL without login info.

Is there not a public post on the site I can take a look at?

sarah

I can send you to the wordpress.com site. That one is active. But it is not Generatepress http://www.graceunderpressure.blog
    If you need to see a live page I suppose I could just go live and try to fix it after? I just don’t want there to be too big of a change for my readers once I go live.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm I’m afraid I would have to see the specific post where the single GP featured image options aren’t working.

As a total guess, maybe you’re trying to resize the images within the actual content instead of the featured image itself?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.