[Resolved] Change text "Read more" to button

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Change text "Read more" to button

Home Forums Support Change text "Read more" to button

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

2. What if you disable Photon in Jetpack? I believe it’s taking over the resizer.

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying it 🙂

An Nguyen

HiTom,

In jectpack, I only turned on social sharing post. The Code still does not work

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you change the dimensions in the function? Right now it’s set to 500×300 which isn’t big enough.

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

2/The width size of containner is 1400, column is auto. These are set in customize theme.

The code of snippet you suggested, I change the width up to 1400 (old 500) and height (300). Do we have any way to do this automatic ?
    The code in snippet:

add_filter( 'generate_blog_image_attributes', function( $atts ) {
        // Set up our conditional
        if ( ! is_singular() && in_array( 'featured-column', get_post_class() ) ) {
            $atts[ 'width' ] = 1400;
            $atts[ 'height' ] = 500;
            $atts[ 'crop' ] = true;
        }

// Return our options
        return $atts;
    } );

3/One more issue during setup is I tried to access to author archived posts via link: http:\\……com\author\NTA\ however error Not Found? I dont know why? Normally after installing theme, I can access author archive page without any issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is that function not working? It doesn’t look like any of the images are being resized.

It looks like something is interfering with your permalinks, which is breaking the author link. It’s possible one of your plugins is doing it. Otherwise, it could be a custom function you’re using.

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

2/So how can I solve the issue “size featureimage” of the first post in mansonry mode?

3/I deactivated all plugins, excepting your theme plugin, is still the same.

An Nguyen

2/I dont know how to do next step! I need your support!

3/ Thanks Tom. I found the reason and I have solved it! Yoast SEO reconfigure Author achive => Author page works! How can I change picture profile next to author name to round? and need some spaces then author name?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you still using the image resizing options in “Customize > Layout > Blog”? It doesn’t look like the resizer is being used anymore, which means the function I shared above won’t work. That function should work for the featured post as long as the resizer is being used.

Your avatar is attached to your email through Gravatar: https://en.gravatar.com/

Whatever image you upload that’s attached to the email you’re using on the site will display.

An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

All issues about I can handle them well. Thanks for you support.

I still need some adjustments my website:

1/ I want to move menu to center. How can I do it?
    2/ After click search next to the menu. The text is green so that it hard to see can I change it to black but without affect others format?
    3/ I also want to change color of meta info green to grey but without affect other stuffs
    4/ I want to use multilingual plugin. Could you suggest the best plugin that compatible with Generatepress current version?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. Would both your logo and navigation be centered, next to each other? Or do you want the logo on top of the navigation with both being centered?

2. Try this CSS:

.main-navigation .navigation-search input[type="search"], 
    .main-navigation .navigation-search input[type="search"]:focus {
        color: black;
    }

3. The Header Element has link color options in the Hero section you can use.

4. Polylang, WeGlot or WPML are all worth looking at.

Hope this helps 🙂

An Nguyen

1/ I want logo on top menu and both are center.

2/ When typing text, color is still strong cyan not back, after hitting “enter” it is black. I want both black.

3/I want to change “NTA | July 29, 2019 | Leave a comment” to black color.

4/ The three suggestions are working great without any bug when using our theme. Aren’t they?

Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. Try setting the Navigation Location to “Below Header”, and then set both the header and navigation alignment to “Center”.

If you go to Customize > Layout > Header, you can select the “Navigation After – Centered” option in the Header Presets.

2. Can you try the updated CSS above?: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/change-text-read-more-to-button/page/2/#post-980816

3. Is this on a specific page? I’m not seeing it.

4. Yes 🙂

An Nguyen

1/ I did set Header alignment: center and Navigation aligment center. However, It’s nothing change, logo just moves a bit from left to right.

2/ I did it by adding in “simple css”. when I clicked search and type texts, it was strong cyan (not black). After I hit “Enter”, now it became black. I want both actions have the same color is black.

3/ For all pages, you can see them. They display in the 2 columns.

4/Thanks Tom, I will try Polylang or Weglot first. After I’m familiar with their configurations I will buy WPML.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. That still has the navigation set to “Float Right”. If you’re sure it’s set correctly in the Customizer, then check the “Navigation Location” option in the “Site Header” tab of the Header Element: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#site-header

2. I’m not seeing the updated CSS that I changed above. If you’re sure you changed it, can you try clearing your Autoptimize cache?

3. Try this:

.inside-article .wp-show-posts-meta a, 
    .inside-article .wp-show-posts-meta a:visited {
        color: black;
    }
    An Nguyen

Hi Tom,

1/ Done.

2/ I did all guides as you mentioned, but it still did not change color.

3/ Done. I adjusted it in elements.

4/In mobile mode, I want search icon disable outside, and display it inside “off cavas panel”, don’t I? I also want a float menu in mobile mode (It’s worked well in desktop mode but it doesn’t work in mobile mode) .
    5/I want avatar in author archive page is round image, and there have some space between name and avatar. Now it is too ugly.
    Thanks Tom.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.