[Resolved] Change/Edit Blog Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Change/Edit Blog Header

Home Forums Support Change/Edit Blog Header

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hi,
    Simple question. I’m using the “Peak” theme and the default header for the Blog page is “Blog”. I cannot change the header to something else, like “Content”.

Your post (https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/cannot-change-the-page-header-for-my-blog-post-page/) has a dead link and doesn’t solve this rather simple problem. Help please.

thx, dk

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Peak uses the Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Header Elements can dynamically display content such as the Post Title or a featured image as a background. Except on certain special ‘pages’ like the Blog. In order to change these you will need to:

1. Edit the existing Header Element assigned across the site and in the Display Rules tab remove/exclude the Blog.

2. Now create a new Header Element using the exact same setup with two differences:

a. the Header Element will be plain HTML eg. <h1>Content</h1>
    b. the Display Rules will only include Blog

Daniel

Hi David,
    First, thanks!
    Second…Wow…surprising it’s so complicated for something so seemingly simple.
    Third, I was able to do Step 1 (Exclude Blog) but cannot begin to figure out what to do on Step 2. I also tried to track down the documentation and they do not seem relevant to what I need.

I apologize for being such a noob, but was hoping GeneratePress would do the heavy lifting making this easier. Your help is much appreciated.

best regards, dk

Daniel

Hi David,

I poked around some more (a lot more) and figured it out. Your tip was very helpful, but this was really counter-intuitive. This is a pretty simple “problem” and I imagine others will struggle, too. Noobs like me would really appreciate more documents to help.

Regardless, many thanks for your quick response and tip!

best, dk

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got it resolved.
    We’ll take a look at Peak to see if we can make it more intuitive. I think just adding the Header Element for the Blog would make it easier for new users.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.