[Resolved] Can’t edit or create Elements, select2 is not a function in metabox.js

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can’t edit or create Elements, select2 is not a function in metabox.js

Home Forums Support Can’t edit or create Elements, select2 is not a function in metabox.js

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi, I’m new to GeneratePress and just started exploring the functions. In Elements edit view I can’t switch between panels as metabox.js throws an error: Uncaught TypeError: $(…).select2 is not a function. I have loaded the Catalyst site to experiment with, all plugins, but the GP ones, deactivated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Peter

Yes, I read that before I posted and checked the ssl. Everything is clean, and https i forced in .htaccess. Seems strange that it should be affecting this, all calls are over https, none is failing. The site is a Duplicator install, I’ll delete it and do a clean install from scratch.

Peter

Ok, I got it working. In the process I deleted the current site, did a clean install with only GP components. Still the same error πŸ™ Well, I refreshed the ssl, again, and suddenly; it’s working! Reinstalled the backed up site from zip and it’s still working! Success! Strange error though, you might want to have a look at that.

Peter

Spoke too soon πŸ™ the error is back.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are there any errors in the developers console ( Right Click > Inspect ) when inside the Element?

Peter

Hi,
    I went back to the clean install, where Elements worked, and installed my usual plugins, one by one, and tested between every plugin. Now I’m finished and everything works as expected πŸ™‚ So I did not find out what the cause was.

The error was “Uncaught TypeError: $(…).select2 is not a function” in metabox.js

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like jQuery migrate didn’t like the function. Odd one though.
    Glad to hear its now working.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.