[Resolved] Tabs in Add New Element page not working with GP Premium under HTTPS only?

Home Forums Support Tabs in Add New Element page not working with GP Premium under HTTPS only?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1349673
    Mike

    Hello,

    I’m new to GP Premium and am trying to add a new header element. If I try to click a tab such as ‘Display Rules’ nothing happens. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that this only happens if I’m in wp-admin via HTTPS/SSL. If I go to wp-admin via HTTP without SSL it works fine. HTTP will be redirected to HTTPS when the site is finished, so this isn’t really a feasible workaround for me.

    I tried this on an existing WP deployment as well as a fresh install – happens in both cases. I deactivated all plugins aside from GP Premium and tried different browsers etc. I also tried after having both a proper SSL cert and self-signed cert setup, no difference. I’m using the latest version of GP Premium and the theme.

    From the firefox developer console, I see following error appear as soon as I click to add a new element and the drop down is displayed to select the element type. No errors appear from HTTP.

    TypeError: $(…).select2 is not a function metabox.js:66:25
    <anonymous> https://<siteurl>/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/assets/admin/metabox.js?ver=1.10.0:66
    jQuery 4
    i
    fireWith
    ready
    J

    I’ll sometimes see this one as well afterward:

    TypeError: d is undefined wp-auth-check.min.js:2:1535
    <anonymous> https://<sireurl>/wp-includes/js/wp-auth-check.min.js?ver=5.4.2:2
    jQuery 8
    dispatch
    handle
    trigger
    trigger
    trigger
    each
    each
    trigger
    xhr https://<siteurl>/wp-includes/js/heartbeat.min.js?ver=5.4.2:2
    jQuery 4

    Any ideas?

    #1349903
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Hi there,

    It sounds like something is messed up with your http requests.

    The fact that you can switch between http and https is likely the issue.

    I would force https in your admin (and your front-end) and redirect all http requests to https. That should prevent any sort of http/resource issues.

    #1350893
    Mike

    Hi Tom,

    Thanks for your reply. Looks like it was indeed something wrong with my HTTPS implementation. Previously it wasn’t working on both a freshly deployed site (where you could switch between HTTP/HTTPS) as well as another that was configured for HTTPS only.

    I deployed a new VPS and re-did the SSL configuration from scratch. Now it seems to be working fine. I’m not sure what I did differently but, but hey, at least it works now 🙂

    Thanks again,
    Mike

    #1351062
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Awesome, glad it’s all working now. Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.