[Support request] can't change the © at the bottom of my page – just stuck on ©GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Support request] can't change the © at the bottom of my page – just stuck on ©GeneratePress

Home Forums Support can't change the © at the bottom of my page – just stuck on ©GeneratePress

• This topic has 33 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

To deactivate/activate your license key, go to Appearance > GeneratePress in your Dashboard, and delete/add the key into the license key field on the right. update button upon each. you should see activation status accordingly.

is described in the link to documentation given above.

Joanne

When I go to the dashboard, in the above instructions, there is no place on the next screen to delete/add a licence key. There is no field on the right

dasigna

… if you have the GPpro settings screen visible, then there has to be a key field.

if not, theres something basic going wrong …

Joanne

yes theres something basic going wrong, thats why I am contacting you… I have paid for this service..

dasigna

i am no one of GP. so you did not pay me, i only tried to help 🙂

in fact – tom or leo has to chime in occasionally.
    but before you merely have to make sure theres nothing interfering with other plugins etc. so try deactivating everything but GPpro and see if this changes anything.

i am out for now. havent had anything similar with GP for years, and obviously its a good idea to hand over credentials for a closer look directly on your system -> but dont give them here!!
    wait until gp-guys chime in!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for trying to help out, dasigna 🙂

Joanne – do you see the “Copyright” section in “Customize > Layout > Footer”?

If so, is the “Copyright” module activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”?

Let me know 🙂

Joanne

It used to be there but would time out when I tried to change it, now it doesn’t appear at all…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can shoot me temporary admin login details so I can take a look? You can send them through the Account Issue form here: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Joanne

can you send me your email address, I don’t want to post anything personal here. I thought I was originally talking with personnel from GP and turns out it was just a random person who know clue and I wasted even more time with that. That’s really poor customer service, horrific in fact and incredibly misleading

Joanne

If you want me to give you even more money, as per your email this morning, at least build something that works, first time

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is an open forum (among premium users), so others can help if they think they think they can. It was nice of dasigna to take time out of their day to try to help out 🙂

The contact form I linked to is private: https://generatepress.com/contact/

If you use the Account Issue form there, it will go directly to our email. Then I’ll take a look at what’s going on with your copyright area.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which email? We don’t offer any additional services or anything for more money, other than the initial GP Premium purchase.

* Edit * – ahhh, the renewal email. I understand – I thought you just purchased today. Either way, I’m more than happy to help you figure out what’s going on, regardless of whether you renew or not 🙂

Joanne

Your advertising offers free technical advice, if you pay for premium. I would not expect to receive technical advice from random users. If that’s the case here, then it’s misleading sell. I am sure I am not alone in thinking that. Yes, it was nice of that user to help out, but it was again misleading, as I thought he worked at GP and therefore could actually fix my issue. Instead, it wasted his time and my own. The email relates to one I received from GP this morning, saying that my premium package is soon to expire and I can renew it for £££.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This forum is moderated by myself (the creator of GeneratePress), and Leo (one of our staff members). We answer every single topic and try to help the best we can. In this case, one of our users thought they could help before your question reached the top of our queue. Regardless of whether dasigna chimed in or not, you would have received technical help from someone at GeneratePress. We don’t rely on random users to answer any questions – in fact, it rarely happens. However, we don’t dislike when users do it, as people typically want an answer as soon as possible.

I’m keeping an eye out for your email so I can help you resolve the initial issue. If you prefer not to share login details with me, we can try some other stuff, it may just take longer.

I’m sorry if this experience is frustrating – I’m doing my best to help.

Joanne

Yes, I appreciate that you’re trying and willing to help. I still disagree with the how the technical issues are dealt with. Who’s to say that that random user, or any infact gives a premium user bad advice and they lose content or something else? I’m not saying that they would, but you’ve left it wide open for someone to abuse another. It’s entirely up to you how you run your business. I’ve had GP premium for almost 12 months and haven’t bothered to try and ask for help before, I’ve been extremely frustrated with it and thought I would purchase another theme with another company instead. If you’re willing to help, it would save me that trouble, but I felt shocked that today, I did actually try to receive help for an existing problem and was served by someone who didn’t even work at GP or have an integral reason to keep me on side or help. He was kind, but he could of given me horrendous instructions and I could have lost my whole site, that’s appalling. At this moment in time, I don’t want to share admin of my site with you, I’ve lost confidence and trust now because of what happened. If there’s another way you can help, I’d appreciate that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.