[Resolved] Can I customize the top of my Posts page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I customize the top of my Posts page?

Home Forums Support Can I customize the top of my Posts page?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Brodin

I’d like to add a header and intro text to the top of the Posts page? Is this possible?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Sharon Brodin

Thank you, Leo! I understand how to do this for regular blog posts…but does this also work for the Posts “home” page? I have a header and content on a page right now…but when I ask that page to be the Posts page for the blog, those elements don’t show up on the page itself, only on the edit view.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for your home page display rules you would use the Location: Front Page

Sharon Brodin

Thanks David…but I have a different page already set up for the front page! I’d like to keep my current home/front page, but want to add content to the top of the Posts page. Hopefully that makes sense now.

Is this possible within GeneratePress? Or with a free plug-in? Or even a paid plug-in?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you have create a page to display your Posts, and set this in Dashboard > Settings > Reading then the Display Rule is Blog

Sharon Brodin

Thanks again, David.

I’m sorry, I don’t see “Display Rule” anywhere on the Settings>Reading page…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Sharon Brodin

Thanks…I think I get it! I’ll try…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Let me know if you need more info – we are here to help!

Sharon Brodin

OK, guys, I’m back at it. Thanks for your patience with me!

I think I’m getting the Header Element idea. The problem is: I don’t code! So the HTML Content part is intimidating me.

I’m doing this for a client who gave me the header content and some body text for the Blog posts (home)page. Can I hire one of you guys to put the Header Element(s) together so I don’t have to mess with it anymore? I’m not techie and really don’t want to mess with code…especially since that’s something I feel like is assumed knowledge here.

I can give you all the content plus a couple sample pages on other websites my client likes.

Thanks! Please let me know πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately we don’t take on custom development work.

What you want sounds pretty simple though so I can try to guide you through.

Have you taken a look at the examples page?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-hero-examples/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Sharon Brodin

I haven’t seen this, Leo β€” thanks! I think it’ll help me out enough to give it a go πŸ™‚

Sharon Brodin

So, I think I’m doing everything right! But this header isn’t showing up on my page. Is there a way to attach some screenshots?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field.

Please show a screenshot of your display rules tab that’s all:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#uploading-screenshots

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.