[Resolved] Building the Blog in Generate Press premium.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Building the Blog in Generate Press premium.

Home Forums Support Building the Blog in Generate Press premium.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Josu

Hi,

Im creating a Web which has one static page (homepage) and a Blog, im doing it using Generate Press premium and the page builder Elementor Pro.

Thats how i want my BLOG to look (i made this getting a normal new page from Generate Press with the BLOG widget from elementor)

But the problem comes when i tell to wordpress that this PAGE is my BLOG PAGE,(i selected this option in SETTINGS and WRITING, and i marked that page as my BLOG PAGE) then the style automaticly changes to this;

Sorry if this questions are stupid, im a beginner in wordpress. I’d like to know if is there some way to make my blog to look like in the first LINK? And do i really need to tell to WordPress which page is my BLOG? Will be some consequencies if i just make my blog as a regular page and i dont mark it as my blogpage? Because when i do it , it changes all the structure and designt and i loose the freedom to edit it with Elementor.

Hope i could explain good my questions. Thank you

Josu

Another question, my posts and images dont have any padding. Here is a link of how it looks.

Im trying to find how to make it look like on the video instructions but i cant find the reason why in my blog the padding is gone.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

See Tom’s explanation here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/the-content-area-was-not-found-in-your-page-problem/#post-284695

And no you don’t need to set a blog page if you don’t want to 🙂

Try changing the padding in Customizer > Layout > Container > Content Padding.

Let me know.

Josu

Hi Leo, thank you very much for the quick response. I could fix the padding 😀

Im not going to set any page as “the blog page” in wordpress, like this i can edit my blog using a “static page” and a “blog last entrys widget”. That looks good.

The only thing I´m afrraid, This Wont affect my SEO? Because Is like making a BLOG on your site but telling to your WordPress you dont have any Blog. Just want to make sure is the right thing to do. Thank you again for your attention.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It won’t hurt your SEO, but you will still have archives, categories etc.. which are handled by the theme.

Josu

thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.