[Support request] "The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page" Problem

Home Forums Support [Support request] "The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page" Problem

Home Forums Support "The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page" Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    salva

Hi
    When I create a new page in Elementor I get “The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page”
    I had checked the “help” link (http://docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found) and also spoke with Elementor Support.

The help link is not very helpful for a neophyte and when I ask to the Elementor Support where I can place the “Manual solution”
    ————–
    Manual solution
    Add the_content function into the page template’s code.
    This is the line you need to add: <?php the_content(); ?>
    ———————-

This is their answer:
    “You should create first a child theme to do it and you should paste the code there.
    You will have to paste the code in one of the files of the theme, plugin or custom-made page template that leads to the problem.
    PHP editing has to be done by developers to avoid issues.
    We recommend consulting the developers of the plugin or theme or switching to a theme that includes the content function/ avoid using plugins that do not include this option.”

I will really appreciate some help, thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Salva,

Elementor only works on static pages or posts – it won’t work on the blog pages, archives, categories etc..

Hope this helps!

salva

Hi Leo,
    No, no really…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is actually a really common issue with Elementor that people run into all the time.

Leo is right, Elementor can’t be used on index pages like your posts page (blog), archives etc..

If you create a new static page, you’ll see that it works as it should.

salva

Hi Tom, Leo,
    Thanks for your acknowledgement and patience and I understand you are not the Elementor support page 🙂

Just a few things. What did you mean by “static page” and “archive”?
    I make few test.
    If I Add New Page and directly click Edit with Elementor I get the error.
    If I do the same but before I add a Gallery I can Edit with Elementor. No error
    Also, the Blog page is fine. No error.

I think I will start fresh and reinstall everything.
    Where do I make that? delete and reinstall, in the Hosting?
    Can you please point me to a good “child theme” documentation?

Thank you guys

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

When you create a fresh page in “Pages > Add New” and try to open Elementor, it gives you the no the_content() function error? That sounds like a bug.

Not sure if re-installing will fix anything. Maybe just try re-installing Elementor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.