[Resolved] Bug Found in GP v1.3.34 with 1025px Bug Fix

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Bug Found in GP v1.3.34 with 1025px Bug Fix

Home Forums Support Bug Found in GP v1.3.34 with 1025px Bug Fix

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

I was doing some more testing last night after completing my new CSS and came across another bug. I know is not related to my CSS because it doesn’t occur using the community released version of generatepress v 1.3.34

The issue is with the version you sent me which includes the 1025px bug fix. The new bug occurs at 767px

Refer to these screenshots for visual evidence.

PS if you want me to test it after you sort it out, send it my way.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you give me some more info?

The mobile grid kicks in at 767px, which might be what you’re encountering?

Are you using a specific zoom in/out percentage?

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

Yes, at this stage it looks like the same sort of grid type issue as last time with the 1025px bug.

I recall chrome worked perfectly at 100% and if I do that now reducing from 125% where problem occurs to 100% it goes away.

I only just this second started testing possible features associations.

Right now this is all I have for you. If anything else comes to light I will post an update.

Garth Dryland

Tom

It has nothing to do with the GP plugin and 100% to do with the theme.

Its acting exactly the same as 1025px bug so I assume its grid related.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m having a tough time replicating this at all.

At 125% zoom, I resize down to 767px and I don’t see any issue.

Can you try in your browser instead of that website? It’s possible that the website itself has an issue it the way it resizes pages.

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

I have tried directly from browser and it happens at 767px wide. It’s generatepress. I’m sure of it. If I swap out the version you sent me the problem goes away and the 1025px issue comes back.

Its not my CSS or plugins etc. Here are some other screenshots, two of them are directly via chrome browser.

These like the last images are with display and browser at 125%. If I reduce browser to 100%, the problem is gone.

Is it possible that you’ve fixed the issue without knowing its my issue like last time ?

Are you using the version you set me? I’m testing from my staging site so you wont replace from http://www.accountwise.co.nz

You will need to use a site running the version of generatepress that you sent me to test.

If you have made changes to generatepress v1.3.34 since you sent my version then send me a copy of that so I can test to see if its fixed in that one. Maybe that’s why you cant replicate ?

Cheers

Garth Dryland

Tom

The more I test this the more is acts exactly the same as the 1025px bug issue.

By that I mean the site format changes for the better or worse at the exactly same percentages as last time.

67% 110% 125% 150% are all showing problems just like the 1025px bug was whereas 75% 90% and 175% show the site as it should be, again exactly like the 1025px bug was acting.

Surely its got to be a grid issue ?

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It sounds like it, I just can’t make it happen.

Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place: http://screencast.com/t/YB6f0BdKj9

Garth Dryland

Tom

The only place I see this bug occurring is in the site footer although I haven’t tried putting 4 columns of contained text into the body of the site or anywhere else. If I did I suspect it would happen there too.

A fresh install like you’ve used in your video example typically populates that footer widget content from WordPress, not from directly within the site itself. If you go into the test sites footer widgets you will see those fields are actually empty. Also if you use the WordPress default content, it typically behave in a fluid fashion and not like contained content does.

Try adding some text content into four separate footer columns and see what happens. One word per line using paragraphs or line breaks.

They should behave differently and instead of being like they are in your example with 3 widgets sitting on top of each other at 767px they should instead become two by two like generatepress.com does at 768px having two columns on top side by side and two side by side directly below that. This way you should get a 2 x 2 footer widget layout, not a 1 x 3 configuration as shown above in your video.

Also if you check your site the 2 x 2 footer widget configuration happens at 768px and at 767px you get 1 x 4 columns sitting on top of each other. This is what should happen.

I suspect that will help you replicate the 767px pixel grid bug, providing you understand what I mean now.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Having the default content in the footer widgets vs real content wouldn’t have any affect on the grid whatsoever – the grid is the same no matter what you put in those widgets.

Is there any way you can create a screen capture showcasing the issue? I’ve tried, and tried, and I’m not seeing it.

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

Okay I see I was wrong about that in so much as it does act the same grid wise.

I installed a default build here and it also has the issue when running the 1025px tweaked copy of generatepress v1.3.34.

I also took some screenshots of it happening and either side of it.

Can you see the bug now ??

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, I think I see the problem. This should be fixed for the next version πŸ™‚

Garth Dryland

Awesome,

Glad to know you can see it now πŸ™‚

I have confidence you’ll sort it so marked this topic as resolved.

Looking forward to upgrading too generatepress v1.3.35

Hoping its out soon.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for helping out πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.