[Resolved] Bug at 1024 pixel

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Bug at 1024 pixel

Home Forums Support Bug at 1024 pixel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

I just tested the code (on my test site) below and it seems to be working well between 100-150%. I didn’t test beyond that.

@media (max-width: 1024px) {
        .active-footer-widgets-1 .footer-widget-1, 
        .active-footer-widgets-3 .footer-widget-3, 
        .active-footer-widgets-5 .footer-widget-5 {
            margin-bottom: 0;
        }
    }
    @media (max-width: 768px) {
        .inside-footer-widgets > div:last-child {
        }
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good stuff!

So what’s the next thing we’re looking at?

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

With respect to the new test theme you sent I just discovered the CSS above doesn’t work. Between 768 and 1024px the white space under widgets stays larger than its suppose to be with margin-bottom: 0; like it was in my previous screencasts.

I removed all my CSS bar that above and it didn’t work whereas on my test site with community version it does.

As soon as I change back to the community version on my staging site the margins worked as they should also. I just needed to remove the -50px entries I used previously after adding the new CSS as shown above.

So there appears to be an issue with the new theme tweak you made to me in this respect.

Garth Dryland

Just had a thought. Maybe I wasn’t using 100% on both windows.

I will recheck at various percentages and let you know.

Garth Dryland

Maybe its to late or something but for some reason I can only get this is look right on my default test site but not when using my staging site with either theme version, even if i remove all my CSS and disable all plugins bar one (simple css),

I don’t get it. Maybe I need to try again in the morning. I could have sworn it was okay earlier using the community version.

I don’t understand what i’m missing here. Maybe its cache (or something) but its never been an issue before so don’t see why it would be now.

Any suggestions ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks fine to me on this site: http://onlinearchives.net/default/

Zooming won’t do anything to padding/margin.

Garth Dryland

Yes that test site is okay.

The weird thing is my staging site isn’t and it doesn’t seem to be cache, CSS or plugin related.

I’ll have to play around with things a bit more but there does seem to be something weird going on with this site. Between 768 and 1024px the white space below the widgets is increasing as shown in some of the previous screencasts.

I will keep trying to nut this out. I know it should work like the test site but its not.

I will see if i can work out why. It may take some time though.

Garth Dryland

Okay Tom

I’ve found something and this may surprise you because you do appear to believe otherwise based on past posts. Anyway this is what I found. If you go check my test site you should see the white space grows under the footer widgets between 768px and 1024px whereas either side of that it does what it should. The position is correct.

The only difference/change I made was adding standard wordpress text widgets to replace the default text. That’s it. Before I did this we both agreed it was working right whereas now its not doing what it should be.

I can also replicate the same result on my primary staging site with or without everything activated. Its not related to the community v1.3.34 theme, plugins, cache or css. I flushed the cache, removed all plugins and css bar the code you provided above. Its something to do with the footer text widgets and or the css you provided or a combination of both. It cant possibly be anything else unless I have forgotten something you can think of.

I hope you see what I mean and can send some css and or reason why this is happening and how it can be overcome so I can add it to my staging and test site and check it works in both.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea, not a big deal – just some more small CSS tweaks.

I created a repository at github for GP development, you can grab the latest there: https://github.com/tomusborne/GeneratePress

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

For the record this was one of the issues I described having a while ago so glad we can mark it off the list soon.
    Okay, so I tested the code below too see what happened and at first look there is a small issue but I have no idea what to try to resolve it.

/* Landscape tablet and below */
    @media (max-width: 1024px) {
    	.inside-footer-widgets > div {
    		margin-bottom: 50px;
    	}

.inside-footer-widgets > div:nth-child(odd) {
    		clear: both;
    	}

.active-footer-widgets-1 .footer-widget-1,
    		.active-footer-widgets-3 .footer-widget-3,
    		.active-footer-widgets-5 .footer-widget-5 {
    		width: 100%;
    	}

.active-footer-widgets-2 .inside-footer-widgets > div,
    		.active-footer-widgets-4 .footer-widget-3,
    		.active-footer-widgets-4 .footer-widget-4 {
    	}
    }

/* Portrait tablet and below */
    @media (max-width: 768px) {
    	.sidebar,
    		.content-area,
    		.inside-footer-widgets > div {
    		float: none;
    		width: 100%;
    		left: 0;
    		right: 0;
    	}

.inside-footer-widgets > div:last-child {
    	}
    }

What happens is there is zero space between the 3rd and 4th widget when site goes below 768px
    You can check what I mean on my test site.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good catch – I just adjusted the version over on github.

Garth Dryland

Hi Tom

The footer CSS will be an awesome addition to v1.3.35 among the other changes.

I’ve tested the changes again using the various themes etc and it appears possible that the majority of the issues are solved except for the masonry blog grid dropping the right hand side at various points.

If you could release the theme v1.3.35 or give me a copy with all the changes made to date combined so I can check the issues simultaneously then I would get a better idea, but what issues I do see occurring appear to correct themselves depending on version used etc so I think its pretty good now.

Either way its probably best to check it again in the said fashion before addressing anything else at this stage.

Let me know

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Garth,

My latest development version can be found at Github: https://github.com/tomusborne/GeneratePress

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom, thanks for that.

I’ve been using the pre-released version of generatepress_1.3.35 for a few hours and its looking great so far.

It’s potentially just the masonry blog grid issue remaining.

Really happy with the new improved footer layout. Its way more flexible than before. With a mobile padding option it would be prefect.

I followed you on github but it doesn’t look like you’re using it much for GP. I am new to github but I assume if you follow and watch others you get notifications of changes they made ? Do you know ?

I would like to stay up to date with GP pre-release updates if possible.

Cheers

Garth Dryland

Oh cool Github does do that.

Just received an email from @helgatheviking re hide/show layout metaboxes based on generate sections triggers

Awesome

Any idea when the generatepress community could expect to see the blog fix ?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.