[Resolved] blogs disappear when pro plugin is activated

Home Forums Support [Resolved] blogs disappear when pro plugin is activated

Home Forums Support blogs disappear when pro plugin is activated

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joe

What ever the issue is, removing GP Premium fixes the issue, so unfortunately that is what I have to do to make my site work.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

However the blog list in the right column still shows blank pages

None of us know that’s what you are referring to before.

Are you referring to the content from this plugin?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails/

If so I can’t see how GP Premium could cause a conflict – we have lots of users using that plugin without any issues.

Let me know if you want to do some further debugging to identify the issue.

Joe

I am sorry you guys cannot help me. I have installed recent post widget and it works beautifully in the free generatepress, Astra, Twentyseventeen, and Kadence themes. Then when I activate GP Premium the pages load blank. I have done everything you have suggested as well as my own research and still when GP Premium is activated the blog pages load blank. I contacted my host and they cannot find why. One internet search suggested my host memory needs increased, I had my host increase memory and it did not fix the problem.

Because the blog pages load in other themes, I do not think it can be the fault of my computer as you suggested. Since the only variable is GP Premium can I load a fresh upgrade of it to see if it helps?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you do the following steps:

1. Activate GP Premium.

2. Go to Appearance > Elements and remove the Blog Template element.

Ying actually suggested this in the previous reply but it doesn’t look like it was done:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/blogs-disappear-when-pro-plugin-is-activated/#post-2321786

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Joe

I’m sorry I missed this suggestion.
    It worked, my site blog links are showing content on pages now. I am so glad that I can continue with GP, its speed is the best. Thank you I appreciate you hanging with my frustration.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.