[Resolved] Blog categories don't show up in menu under custom link

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog categories don't show up in menu under custom link

Home Forums Support Blog categories don't show up in menu under custom link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NBC

GeneratePress/GP Premium, both up to date.

My website showcases my consulting work. I’m redesigning it under localhost to get away from an old theme.

I have two static pages, one for the home page and one for a contact form.

I’ve set up a blog within the site to serve as a gallery of past work. To access the blog/gallery in the menu, I’m using a custom link with the URL set to #.

Under that custom link, I’ve set up 5 sub items. Each one is a category within the blog/gallery.

None of the categories appear in the menu. The blog/gallery custom link loads the entire blog.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your awesome work and assistance!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So when you open the dropdown (with # as the URL), nothing shows up?

How are you adding them to the menu? Using the “Categories” module in “Appearance > Menus”?

NBC

When I click on the “Our work” menu item, the entire blog/gallery opens in one page or tab, with all categories visible. The list of categories that should appear under the main menu item is not shown.

Yes, I added the categories through Appearance>Menus. I tried using an actual page (instead of a custom link), but that doesn’t work, either. In both cases, only the main menu item (“Our work”) is visible, and clicking on it loads the entire blog/gallery.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If that menu item has # as the URL, nothing should happen when you click it.

Have you set the theme location of the menu?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/#set-theme-location

NBC

Hi, Tom:

Yep, that was it. Thanks for not laughing!

I don’t know how you get any work done with all the n00b questions you answer so tactfully and helpfully.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! Answering all questions is a part of the job, I’m happy to do it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.