[Support request] Block Element Type box missing from sidebar

Home Forums Support [Support request] Block Element Type box missing from sidebar

Home Forums Support Block Element Type box missing from sidebar

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rosina

So, all is now working on the website. If you would please go ahead and see what’s wrong with the element the way I set it up, I’d appreciate it. The login credentials I sent you should work, and the login url is below in the secure box. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the installation.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

When I installed and activated the GP theme, there were security guidelines on the dashboard. One of them was the importance of changing the log-in url. I followed the directions and changed the login url to “https://saradonati.com/wiki/morestuff.php” . It struck me as odd that this would end up as a php file. Now just a few days ago I realized that if I went to that url, I got a 404 page. I also tried accessing through the standard /admin and /wp-admin urls, and again I got 404 errors.

This is outside of the theme’s scope as this is a WordPress core function issue (and we’re not exactly sure what guide you followed) but if you can link us to the guide you’ve followed to do the change, perhaps we can skim through it and help you out in reverting your default login page. 🙂

But I recommend asking your site’s hosting service provider to do this for you as they already have complete access necessary to address this kind of issue. 😀 (you can disregard this reply if you’ve already fixed the issue)

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

to solve your issue:

Can you unset “no featured image” on the Remove container condition dropdown and see if the block for meta shows up on the frontend?

Rosina

I’m having trouble locating the remove container condition dropdown. Give me a minute.

Rosina

Just to clarify: my webhost was the source of the problem with the login, and that has been fixed.

Rosina

If you look at this screenshotthis screenshot….

Is this where I should find the ‘remove container condition dropdown’?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s the main Container block that holds the post meta items.

It’s the block you’ve added the color and border on. 🙂

Rosina

I have to go to a meeting. But first let me ask you — you have the login information, so aren’t you in the admin area too? Can’t you see all the screens?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s this one – https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0ujOJeq

I have to go to a meeting. But first let me ask you — you have the login information, so aren’t you in the admin area too? Can’t you see all the screens?

We usually ask the login information to check for any errors. As for actually changing things/settings, we try to avoid doing it as much as we can to prevent any liabilities as we can get blamed if something happens to the site. (ex. lost of data, site crashes, etc)

That said, we avoid even the small/simple things like modifying the contents of blocks unless given full permission to do so(assuming users know the full risk). 😀

Rosina

Yes, that worked. Many thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Let us know if you need further help with it. No problem. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.