[Resolved] Block editor view in Gutenberg has unreadable text

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Block editor view in Gutenberg has unreadable text

Home Forums Support Block editor view in Gutenberg has unreadable text

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan

One of my podcast sites has white text on a transparent background over a dark background image. As a result, in the Gutenberg block editor, the text is barely readable.

I’ve read a bit about theme support for Gutenberg, and there are things called editor styles and dark theme support, which look like they would solve this problem. Does GP support these?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP does actually use the dark theme support – you would notice this if you set the Customizer > Colors > Content to a dark color. The content color would be displayed in the editor and the editor UI would adjust to dark theme.

Problem here is that it cannot detect the body background image as being dark….. hmmm may have to have a word with Tom to see what is doable here.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is a known issue: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/generatepress-theme-interfering-with-new-gutenburg-editor

However, your content background is set to be completely transparent, so the above solution will work for you as well. Simply remove the background color from your content so the value is empty.

Let me know 🙂

Nathan

That worked. Thanks, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Bruno

May I ask where to find this setting in GP 2.12?

“set the Customizer > Colors > Content to a dark color. “

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Bruno,

You can find it in the Admin Dashboard(wp-admin) of your site > Appearance > Customize > Colors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.