[Resolved] Generatepress theme interfering with new gutenburg editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generatepress theme interfering with new gutenburg editor

Home Forums Support Generatepress theme interfering with new gutenburg editor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hi, I upgraded to wordpress 5 and I went to add a new post. When I got into the new editor, the text was white on a white background. I disabled all plugins and but it didn’t seem to make a difference. When I changed theme, it appeared as it should. Could you please help?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just tried out your setup (dark body background, white text color), and here’s what I’m seeing: http://prntscr.com/lrqwu4

Can you try clearing your browser caches etc..?

If that doesn’t work, can you send us temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Tom,

That looks good. How do I style the editor to look like what you have in the screenshot? Here is what I am seeing:
    https://prnt.sc/lrz2n2

I have cleared the cache but it is still the same.

Kind Regards,

Brian Thompson

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

My screenshot is what should happen by default. Something is setting your background to white when it shouldn’t be.

You can:

a) Deactivate your plugins one by one to find the conflict
    b) Send us temporary admin login details so we can inspect the code to find the culprit

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Brian

Hi Tom,

I have just sent you on access details.

Kind Regards,

Brian Thompson

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah I see, your content background (Customize > Colors > Content) has a transparent value, so the editor is using that. If you clear that value so it’s empty, it will take your body background instead.

I’ll get the logic worked into the theme to prevent this in the future.

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Tom,

No, Thank you. It was annoying not knowing what was wrong. I thought it was a styling problem but I didn’t know where to go. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Brian Thompson

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon

Hello,

The problem can be fixed? I would like my front end to be dark and my back end with Gutenberg light.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this particular issue was fixed in the last theme update GP 2.2.2.

Simon

Is there a parameter to respect? Is it necessary to leave the color of the field contained empty to have the editor with a light background?

I use the color of the content and the body to create a style and I don’t want to change it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Right now the editor will always inherit the front-end colors.

However, we’ll be adding a filter in GP 2.3 which will allow you to keep the editor colors light regardless of your front-end styling.

Simon

Good news, thanks for the support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.