- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by Tom.
April 24, 2017 at 9:25 am #309682Mike
Has anybody had any experience using JQuery tooltips when using GP and BeaverBuilder?
I’m not too keen on using ToolTip WP plugins and would prefer using JQuery instead for several reasons the main being most of them are outdated and not well-maintained.
So far I’ve tried to integrate tooltipster and the bootstrap version with no luck. Seems to break the site.GeneratePress 1.3.46April 24, 2017 at 6:45 pm #309847TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
I’ve used tooltipster before. Actually, it’s used here on this site – hover over the premium features under the price: https://generatepress.com/premium/April 25, 2017 at 4:26 am #309990Mike
Oh you’ve done it! Brilliant – looks really nice. Could you please point me in the right direction in how to properly implement it? Here’s what I did:
1) Downloaded Tooltipster off here: http://iamceege.github.io/tooltipster/
2) Unzipped and placed tooltipster.bundle.min.js and tooltipster.bundle.min.css into the Child theme’s folder (as well as WordPress root in case it’s the wrong location)
3) In GP Hooks > WP_Head I put the following code:
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”tooltipster.bundle.min.css” />
4) I put the following: <span class=”tooltip” title=”This is my span’s tooltip message!”>Some text</span> just anywhere really, it doesn’t show the tooltip.
Your script isn’t quite right.
1. You need the full URL to your scripts.
2. WordPress requires that jQuery be specified:
Thanks for your response. Works now! Phew!April 25, 2017 at 9:25 am #310123TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
This part isn’t necessary:
You’re still missing the yoursite.com from the href and src tags.April 25, 2017 at 9:27 am #310127Mike
I made a mistake by re-pasting my own faulty code instead of yours – then edited yours with the direct URL and got it to work.
Thanks for your support as ever! 🙂April 25, 2017 at 9:31 am #310134
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.