[Resolved] Best performing Gutenberg Blocks for GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Best performing Gutenberg Blocks for GP

Home Forums Support Best performing Gutenberg Blocks for GP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ll make sure to comment here when it’s ready to go πŸ™‚

93487u5tr938ouh4trnos8fyoh

I hate Facebook due to all privacy scandals and I don’t own personal account anymore. I too use RSS to subscribe to blog sections of various tools I use. I hope that you will utilize the blog section on this site for every major version or announcement. I can’t subscribe to the forum with RSS, even if supported it would be a jungle. Is this block plugin coming along with the ability to use Gutenberg for repeated elements so I can use Gutenberg elements like social media icons and table of contents instead slow and clunky plugins?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I believe what you are looking for is something we look to implement in GPP 1.10 which is allowing the use of Gutenberg in the Elements module (the block plugin is not quite the same).

Tom has basically explained everything in this thread:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/suggestion-marketplace-for-sites/

Let me know if I’m missing something here πŸ™‚

Thiago Senna

Nice to know you are working on a GB plugin – but let me ask 3 questions:

1 – Why did you decide building your own plugin beside just saying people to use existing ones?
    2 – Does existis any chances this plugin to be available on GitHub for community contribution?
    3 – Is your plugin planned to work with any theme or GeneratePress only?

Thanks,
    Thiago Senna

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. Because we can do it better – lighter and non-bloated πŸ™‚

2. Not yet.

3. It will work with any themes.

Thiago Senna

thanks very much, Leo πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Matthias

since i dont do notification via email (company email account that archives) – and dont use facebook – could you point me to the facebook group so i maybe can follow this via rss.

Is the group open? Meaning can i see everything without beeing logged in?

Waiting for that plugin πŸ˜› – last thing missing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’re going to be releasing the beta on Monday. Keep an eye on https://generateblocks.com πŸ™‚

Francesco

Any news on generateblocks? I see an under construction site.

93487u5tr938ouh4trnos8fyoh

Can you guys make a subcategory on the blog section or use the blog section for new versions, releases and product announcement and news on everything you do, so I can subscribe to that throw RSS as I don’t use Facebook? RSS is a great way for us to follow things. Facebook can get crowded and I have no time to follow everything there, that’s why I don’t actually own a personal account there.

Bernd

I don’t mean to rush you – But even I can’t wait to meet GenerateBlocks πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GenerateBlocks 1.0-alpha.1 is available for testing: https://generateblocks.com/generateblocks-1-0/

Bernd

Just tried it out a little bit. A really good start! πŸ™‚

Vitor

Awesome stuff guys, well done, now back to work and test these beauties πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.