[Resolved] background in article demo

Home Forums Support [Resolved] background in article demo

Home Forums Support background in article demo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Guys,

Hope all’s well.

I’m just rebuilding my site and have a few questions.

1. On activating Copyright within the Article demo, my mobile pagespeed went from 94 to 74. Is this normal?

2. How can I change the background color of the attached? I tried some CSS but all that does is change the existing shaded area.

https://new.rife.agency/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/page-id-79.png

3. I deactivated GP from my previous site (which now has 301 re-directs), but will deactivating GP affect anything other than the license?

Thanks very much,
    Richard

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. On activating Copyright within the Article demo, my mobile pagespeed went from 94 to 74. Is this normal?

That’s quite strange. It shouldn’t have that much of an effect as it simply adds in a copyright message.

2. How can I change the background color of the attached? I tried some CSS but all that does is change the existing shaded area.

To change the background color of that area, make sure your “Colors” module is enabled:

Once enabled, Go to Appearance > Customize > Colors > Content. There should be a color picker for the background as shown here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/5zuAwPdO

3. I deactivated GP from my previous site (which now has 301 re-directs), but will deactivating GP affect anything other than the license?

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. If you meant deactivating GP Premium plugin, then the feature and functionality it applies to the previous site will stop working.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Richard

Thanks Elvin,

MUCH appreciated.

1. Not sure what’s affecting my pagespeed. I’ve spent a couple of hours this morning re-installing trying to isolate the issue. It’s not copyright and right now I suspect changing the settings in Primary Menu – hope to confirm shortly.

2. Yes it’s the background color for this, but I want to change it for just one page. I’ve tried this, but it’s obviously not right:

body.page-id-67 {
    .separate-containers .inside-article: #000;
    }

3. Got it.

Thanks again,
    Richard

Richard

The pagespeed problem appears to have been down to the Duplicate Page plugin. Having created a new page “manually” all appears fine!

Thanks,
    Richard

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

2. Yes it’s the background color for this, but I want to change it for just one page. I’ve tried this, but it’s obviously not right:

body.page-id-67 {
    .separate-containers .inside-article: #000;
    }

Let’s fix the CSS selector placement and add the proper property. Try to this:

body.page-id-67 .separate-containers .inside-article {
    background-color: #000;
    }

The pagespeed problem appears to have been down to the Duplicate Page plugin. Having created a new page “manually” all appears fine!

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted.

A wise man once said:

Richard

Thanks again Elvin!

Still getting a pagespeed of 94, which I’m REALLY pleased with!

Last question – or should I raise another ticket?

I want to disable the page title.

I tried enabling “disable elements” but guess what – that reduced my pagespeed to 87!

Disabling this again didn’t really make much difference so I reloaded yesterdays backup.

I’ve also tried this:
    .page .entry-header {
    display: none;
    }

But no joy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Richard

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Based on your opened topic here – https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-pages-via-third-party-plugins/#post-1655667 – Have you sorted this out?

Perhaps we can mark this one resolve and continue with the other opened topic? Let us know. 🙂

A wise man once said:

Richard

Sorry, Elvin – yes all sorted now.

Plus the site’s looking good – just need to move to a faster server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help.
    Richard

Richard

CloudWays or Kinsta?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

both are a good option – The GP site is running on Kinsta…. you can make of that what you want 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.