[Support request] Adding Pages via Third Party Plugins

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adding Pages via Third Party Plugins

Home Forums Support Adding Pages via Third Party Plugins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Guys,

I’ve been pulling my hair out over the past couple of days (and I don’t have much left anyway).

I’ve got a fairly decent website with a mobile pagespeed score of 94 (without really doing much), which I’m not only impressed with, but VERY pleased.

Yesterday I discovered that copying a page using the Duplicate Page plugin knocked my pagespeed score back down to 74!

No problem if I add the page manually – but a pain in the backside nonetheless!

Now I’ve just discovered I get the same problem if I add pages using Elementor templates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Richard

Richard

Sorry, this could be down to me adding to the homepage – hope to confirm later today

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can’t see why duplicating pages would affect a single pages PSI score.
    I hope you find the issue!

Richard

Guys,

I have rebuilt the site and happy with it.

The only thing that’s weird is editing the homepage.

If I edit with Gutenberg all’s fine.

If I try editing with Elementor it knocks my PSI score.

I guess this is academic as all the other pages are relatively slow on mobile anyway, so will need to be hosted on something better anyway?

Thanks,
    Richard

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Elementor like most Page Builders adds a LOT more HTML, CSS and JS files than a site built with Gutenberg. So the best course of action is to avoid using page builders if you can. Better hosting will help but your still loading more content then a non page builder site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.